Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Vintage 1950s Moai/Tiki MOSAIC
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-12 3:32 pm   Permalink

over $500 and still time to go!

EVEN I CAN'T COMPREHEND THIS ONE!!!

Un-bee-LEEV-able!

It IS a great piece - and as Sven said, he's never seen it before! But, MAN! I am one happy gal!

Thanks all for the support and bidding on the items! I've got about 20-30 more mugs to put up still.... Had two TIKI CENTRALITES win mugs already! And that makes me super-happy because I know these goodies are going to good homes!

Pam
aka junglepam

[ This Message was edited by: junglepam on 2002-07-12 15:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: junglepam on 2002-07-12 15:34 ]

View Profile of junglepam Send a personal message to junglepam  Email junglepam Goto the website of junglepam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 10:46 am   Permalink

Congrats JunglePam!! Hey, is that Randy that won the auction? If so...you da man!!!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-15 7:49 pm   Permalink

Wowee! Hope to have another partee at the pad in Belmont this summer - hopefully some tiki folks can come too and enjoy Pamita's moai-saic and the Lanai tiki too.

Just ONE favor to ask. If anybody finds the same mosaic in an uncle's attic, or at a swapmeet for $4, then for god's sake, DON'T TELL ME!!

About disposable income... I have a friend who's not super-rich or anything, who recently bought a used BMW for $30K or so, in addition to the car his company provides. Two cars for one guy, and he thinks I'm crazy for spending on tiki and lowbrow stuff! Personally, I think I get a lot more bang for my self-indulgent buck (and much less $$ too), but somehow by most standards he's the normal one!

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-16 6:10 pm   Permalink

If Randy (aquarj) has "disposable income"-far out!! He's an incredibly nice guy and deserves it. One thing I noticed about him is he is a picky shopper. I buy a lot of junk, he buys only a few incredible pieces! I could afford a lot nicer things if I could kick the junk habit!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-16 6:46 pm   Permalink

mrsmiley wrote:
"far out!!"
Wow, he talks like a smiley face would even!

"if I could kick the junk habit!!!"
God, I didn't know you were on junk! You really should quit - it's real bad for you!

Seriously, I hope I can make it to your next party Randy (hint, hint) to see all your new stuff!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-18 10:28 am   Permalink

Now that the dust has been cleared from what has been a highly entertaining auction, it might be worth pointing out that creating Tiki mosaics could be a pretty good career option for someone who is suitably artistic.

Not to say each one should be sold for $500+, but there are a lot of people here who would like a nice Tiki mosaic on their wall. Hell, it's a step up from another art print!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-18 12:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

someone who is suitably artistic.

Hell, it's a step up from another art print!

Trader Woody

I do see how the Tiki carvers' work is doing pretty well on ebay. Does seem to be real demand for their offerings. The mosaic was nice, but given the talent it takes to produce such a piece, I don't expect to see new version being made.

Plus, there are too many struggling artists copying Shag works to bother with mosaic!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-18 1:56 pm   Permalink

I am thinking of doing some kind of Mosaic after seeing this one. I have plenty of acess to broken ceramic pieces. Might have to give it a try. Will post a picture if I find time to do this.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki.head
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-21 2:00 pm   Permalink

Jungle Pam,
I have bid on a few of your items, I hate to see you parting with so many treasures, but maybe we can keep them in the family.

[

View Profile of tiki.head Send a personal message to tiki.head  Email tiki.head Goto the website of tiki.head     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

I have a vintage mosaic similar to the one in the Book of Tiki (maybe done by the same artist). I've started a Tiki Gallery with pics of mugs, artwork, and anything else tiki. I'll be adding tons of stuff this week. Hit my website and browse photos and you can even upload your photos and add comments/info on anything. Let's build a gallery of everything that's out there!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-23 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hey - I actually know a little about mosaics, believe it or not.

If someone is seriously interested in making some, I could give some tips. I would even do it myself, except that with a two year old and a four year old in the house.. you can guess how thousands of little pieces of glass tiles would go over

Incidentally (insert cheap spam here) - if you want to see my number one son, check out my cool old outdoor tiki for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2124329115

There's a picture of him next to it! One look at his devilish face, and you know why I say, "Mosaic-making is for childless people!"

Pam

View Profile of junglepam Send a personal message to junglepam  Email junglepam Goto the website of junglepam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 08:45 am   Permalink

Hey Pam, Thanks for the Bali Hai Mug! Sorry you had to get rid of it, I will take good care of it. Cute kid. I have a four year old and a 3 month old. They will run you to death. Hope you are getting your money back and more on your items. Thanks from KoKomo, Mississippi! Pine Trees and Palm Trees Baby!!!!

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation