FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 07:22 am   Permalink

Hey all,

It was brought to my attention, along with photos that our former Bahooka is now officially a fully gutted, sterile box, free of any life, charm or signs of Rufus. My last understanding based on the owner and those taking care of Rufus was that because there was fear of moving him more than ONCE, the owner was building a new "2000 gallon aquarium" to relocate Rufus inside not far away from his old tank in this new proposed Chinese restaurant. So...the question arises, since he is obviously not there anymore and has been moved "once", now... So where is he?
Kari sent some emails and messages to Fez Moai yesterday waiting to see if he or anyone else that has been in closer physical eye sight and communication with the owner know the answers. Hoping we hear solid info SOON and some photos SOON!
Sorry to trigger this discussion again, but until we have a safe place
for this great little mascot, I myself, cannot let it go.

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link:
https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-16 07:33 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-16 07:45 am   Permalink

I hope this isn't a situation where the owner thought once the media attention died down he could dispose of them without drawing ire.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 07:57 am   Permalink

Well I am hoping to not jump to any conclusions yet, but history has warranted distrust based on the owners behavior instability. I am concerned though.. It's just too quiet... hoping the update to the press on this community story favors the new owner over the alternative...cus believe me...everyone is waiting for the promised "happy ending" (no pun) with this restaurant and it WILL be publicized highly.

OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-16 08:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-16 09:50 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-16 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'll give Kari a call today.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 1:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Fez! What's the latest? Thanks for responding. What is the situation?

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 3:04 pm   Permalink

This doesn't bode well.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 5:04 pm   Permalink

I am not liking the vibe either....way too much "quiet" and no answers. The silence in every direction is not comforting at all.

thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 9:03 pm   Permalink

I was born in 1980. This fish is older than I am.
I hope all the best for him.

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 2:14 pm   Permalink

I have tried to contact Jorge Mastache, but the calls keep going to voice-mail
has anyone had contact with a person who has any answers yet?

Since Fez is buddy's with the owner, I am very surprised he has not posted any news yet
got a bad feeling about this!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 2:34 pm   Permalink

I think that it's more than just a strange coincidence that Lucas Vigor disappeared about the same time that Rufus did. I'm going to assume that Lucas killed Rufus and then went into hiding.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-17 2:57 pm   Permalink

I can't comment too much about this, but Rufus is fine (I'm told) and safe. As I had mentioned before in the previous Rufus thread, I am following the situation and still working on it. I'm trying to solve this with tact and not an angry posse of cowboys. Jorge is in Mexico right now, so save your calls to him. Yes, the Bahooka is an empty, gutted shell now. The demolition team hauled away truckloads and dumpsters full of stuff, including fish tanks, walls, etc. All destroyed and trashed.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 3:32 pm   Permalink

So just where is Rufus now?
do you have any details on how & maybe who moved him?

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-04-17 3:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-17 14:34, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
I think that it's more than just a strange coincidence that Lucas Vigor disappeared about the same time that Rufus did. I'm going to assume that Lucas killed Rufus and then went into hiding.

Buzzy Out!

Maybe...maybe they're the SAME PERSON.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 7:30 pm   Permalink

There is one cure to rumors and over active imaginations…and that is the simple "truth" and clear communication. None here should be ambiguous about accurate info IF….big IF, verified. But again, my gut says until I see photos, I am distrustful as to ANYTHING the current owner of Bahooka's property says based on patterns, historically exhibited here on inaccurate info, and lack of follow through on his word! The math is not in our favor!

Seriously…it's simple! I do feel there should be a LOT more updates on this fish if anyone, owner included, wants this community to shut up and feel closure. This is not "cowboy" stuff…lol…it's intelligent and compassionate people following through on a cause that never reached acceptable closure.

Ambiguity WILL snowball this all into here say, frustration…and a very concerned community! I wish I could say otherwise….but we have a really festered wound that needs some verified information antibiotics STAT! I am getting a lot of personal messages here from really upset people reaching out to vent or offer theory's…and I wish I had verified proof of Rufus' good standing personally. I have to say…this won't just fade with silence or just someone's word. PROOF WILL BE NEEDED CUS DISTRUST WAS CULTIVATED. This will just generate a lot of frustration and really bad press at some point if left too long without firm answers. Patience will be very limited at this point based on the time this situation has taken to unfold favorably. THIS is the pure truth of this situation, without dancing around it.

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-17 19:32 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-17 8:46 pm   Permalink

As with any controversial topic and wrapped in passion, there is bound to be a lot of frustration for everyone. I hope we can all be cordial with each other in this thread and continue working on the goal of providing Rufus with a safe place to live where he can still serve as a Tiki mascot. He must be lonely now without the usual happy faces peering in at him and hand feeding him. I certainly hope he is not stressed or depressed...I worry about him.

Tom thank you for your follow up, it is much appreciated.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation