FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 12:26 am   Permalink

I was thinking about this the other day and am glad Thor put up this thread. I think it's understandable for some of us to have emotion about an issue/cause/fish that a lot of us contributed time to as well as money. If anyone does have actual information it would be great to put it here. Ambiguity won't contribute anything and in 2 weeks we'll probably have another locked thread.

I was at Damons yesterday afternoon and I couldn't help thinking how nice it would have been if Rufus was there.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 05:33 am   Permalink

"He must be lonely now without the usual happy faces peering in at him and hand feeding him. I certainly hope he is not stressed or depressed...I worry about him"

More like thrilled that people are not pounding on his tank, flashing bright lights at him ect...
The parrot Sam at the Kahiki had to be taken out for a bit to recover from all his "friends" at the Kahiki.
Once saw a guy giving him fruit from a drink!
Some animals like company of people but I would think not to that level.
More like they learn to take the abuse.

It is odd that there has not been updates from the people that were knee deep in this at the time.
We were to hear about a meeting that was going to happen about this a week after this all blew up.

QUOTE Tangaroa-Ru 2/20/2014
"Those of us who were in the thick of this are going to find an evening in the next week or so to finally meet each other in person, talk about this experience and discuss what might happen next. We want to stay prepared, should this situation change again. We're hoping Jorge will accept our invitation to join us at that meeting, as he deserves a "thank you" dinner, big time. When Lynn figures out what to do about the funds that were raised,They were raised specifically to purchase Rufus from him and help cover the costs of moving him to a new home"

Did that meeting happen? (would have been about 50 or so days ago)
Should have been an update here on that.
Locking this thread would only bring a need for a new thread that would deal with the means to return money given to this failed cause if it is to fail.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2014-04-18 05:46 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 07:24 am   Permalink

Why would this thread be locked? There's no reason as far as I can tell, when I first saw Tiki Al's pictures I thought the same thing - Where is Rufus? I'm hoping for a solid update.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 08:39 am   Permalink

HEY ALL! The last thread was locked ONLY because I asked it to be…I had initiated the last thread. The comments just got so vicious as far as posters attaching each other, it lost its initial intent and became useless. I said "please lock the thread and put it outta it's misery" and the Moderator respected my request. I don't see this happening again unless it wavers again. It WILL get a bit heated and emotional though..and should…its the only "therapy" we have so far on getting closure to this Rufus issue.
Let's get some confirm answers!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 09:28 am   Permalink

"Why would this thread be locked?"
I thought Someone said something about it earlier but then there has been some changes since then.

Why would any be locked really?

Looks like we still have more questions that answers.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 10:10 am   Permalink

Tiki Skip, I thought I answered your question above. I apologize. Threads do get locked on TC when the topic focus get's diluted by social banter that get's off topic or on a "personal attack" sort of nature. The negativity is better extinguished and the attitude stay on positive or a proactive discussion for the good of the topic. In the case of this Rufus issue, the focus HAS to be on digging up info and seeing that we can have a positive outcome on this, for the sake of the fish...that's what the past post and this one is for.

Let's keep the nature in that direction. We have a lot of people who really just want to see a positive outcome to this saga. lol I will only suggest that this thread be terminated/locked if it turns into a mud slinging fest inside our community here again. It's bad energy..and not proactive.

The only figure so far that leaves me "unsettled" is the current owner of the former Bahooka property...because of his failure to show sensitivity to our concern, and tell us things that turned out to not be true or the "goal posts moved away"..over and over. This breeds concern that I hope is lessened by info, proof of the current whereabouts of the fish...etc.
Hope that helps!! Thanks Skip!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-18 11:22 am   Permalink

Folks, PLEASE bear with me here. I cannot comment much on the situation and I'm sorry. It's not what you want to hear, but it's what I can do right now. I'm still on it.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 11:47 am   Permalink

Fez: Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to handle this. I'm sure it's not how you hopes to spend Easter weekend.

Thor: Assuming Fez gets info, since there's so much distrust it's going to be hard to believe what the owner says. If he says Rufus is OK, will people believe it without pics? If he provides pics, will people say it's not Rufus? Now that he's not in the restaurant, it would seem all bets are off.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 2:08 pm   Permalink

I would say some pictures is exactly what we need right now
I really don't see why this would be a problem for the owner
to do so? Hope he lets Fez take a few.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 4:01 pm   Permalink

Everyday, I cringe, when I click on this thread, expecting the worst. I hope Ruffus is safe & sound.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-20 6:30 pm   Permalink

I agree with you BK. Pictures would be helpful for some of us. I hope it all ends up in a very positive way for Rufus.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 09:33 am   Permalink

Still no word?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 10:16 am   Permalink

The people who did the fund raiser should give some kind of update at
the very least.

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 10:27 am   Permalink

Fez Moai seems to be the guy in the know, but he hasn't posted since his "bear with me" update almost a week ago.

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 10:56 am   Permalink

I have still heard nothing. I am admittedly becoming increasingly concerned and agitated. Many factors, being the reason.

1. We all made it PERFECTLY CLEAR to the owner that should he change his mind as to the "2000 gallon tank in the new Chinese restaurant being built for Rufus" that he promised, we had caring people and a new home, and funds to get him there standing by! This said, for the owner to bag the fish and send it elsewhere...was in my opinion, a stubborn, spiteful action. Rufus's tank was still at old Bahooka, drained and empty and I am certain his transportation was not what was optimally safe.

2. If there was ANY respect for the people who have expressed such concern for Rufus here, and publicly, and the owner TRUTHFULLY HAS, in fact found a safe home for him, and in good heath, tell me why he would not think to have offered closure on this and get people off his back by sharing photos and more info on his safe transfer and health? The silence smells of one hoping all will forget, ask no questions and go away if he says nothing and tells a good story!

3. This owner, as I said earlier, has shown a history..a proven track record, of motivation based on money and attention that might bring him business profit. He changed his "word" numerous times and when the attention and possibility for personal $ gain seems to be no longer a factor, Rufus quietly VANISHES!

All this together makes me VERY uneasy. I don't want to make ANY false accusations, but I think we need to stay involved and follow through on this for closure that we all deserve.

Personally, I would give this through this coming weekend and if nothing surfaces at all, I think something needs to be publicized. I have people that are not even in our Tiki social circles that live in the valley here that all ask me what the outcome of Rufus is now...and are sincerely interested. IF...and I am hoping and praying this would NEVER be the discovery, Rufus is un accounted for by the owner, I feel it is a warranted action to let EVERYONE know fully what the character of the owner has proven to be and the type of energy ...BAD ENERGY this new restaurant will hold! I am really hoping for optimistic news about now!

Let's hope for pictures by early next week and take action from there. Please share your thoughts...let's stay cool and collected, but move forward.

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-24 11:27 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation