FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 1:58 pm   Permalink

Well Glad u think so "pjc"! Thanks for contribution !

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-05-08 14:00 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-05-07 17:21, lunavideogames wrote:
Drones, the airspace over a house is fair game.

The purchase papers for my house say I own the airspace directly above my lot, "up to infinity". I figure this means I temporarily own a portion of the moon from time to time as the eighth-acre outline of my lot passes over its surface. Sometimes maybe other planets as well -- perhaps planets we don't even know about yet. It staggers the imagination.

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-08 5:51 pm   Permalink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_rights

TL;DR: "The United States Government has exclusive sovereignty of airspace of the United States."

But, I like your thinking! That 8 acres of moon ain't worth much, but 8 acres of Alpha Centauri...now we're talking!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-05-08 18:22 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 07:41 am   Permalink

I've been working on Frankie's Tiki Room owners to get a fish tank and a Paku and name it Rufus 2.
They can also add video blips of the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas scene with Rufus (1) on the screens.
What do ya'll think?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2014-05-09 07:44 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 08:55 am   Permalink

Here's your "No Trespassing " solution.

Drone Fishing!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 10:52 am   Permalink

Ben - I think that would be a really nice tribute. Especially if Rufus is gone.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 11:46 am   Permalink

Who's going to make a Rufus tribute mug?

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-09 12:35 pm   Permalink

There already was a Rufus mug. They regularly turn up on eBay and sell for $100+. Maybe what we need is a mug with the likeness of Mr. Zhu. He can be holding his hand out in front (for money) and then be holding Rufus by the tail behind his back, with X's on Rufus's eyes. He'd have a big smile on his face.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 12:41 pm   Permalink

There already is one...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=4946

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 12:52 pm   Permalink

Tacky Tiki....that would indeed be tacky..lol But I gotta admit if we do discover Rufus has met a fate we hate to imagine ... I volunteer to design that freaking mug!!! By the way, I am still waiting for more update from press.. I was asked to hold tight..they were DEFINITELY VERY interested in this and were currently " collecting all the data".
Ben ! Brother you have a great idea there! Let's hope like hell Rufus is alive. However a second one could be named, " Two-fus". ? Maybe?

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-05-09 13:00 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-09 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-09 12:52, THOR's wrote:
Let's hope like hell Rufus is alive. However a second one could be called " Two-fus". ? Maybe?

Awesome, Thor! First there's Rufus. Then his successor Two-fus. Then I'd say that the person who would be responsible for Rufus' demise, if it happened, would be Doofus.

I envision all three sitting in a row similar to the Hear No Evil/See No Evil monkeys. It would be commemorative cocktail drinkware with three figures all interconnected so that they would function like a shareable bowl.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 4:08 pm   Permalink

I've got 2 of the blue mugs. Didn't realize they were going for that much.

Thor great news that other press outlets are pressing for more info. Maybe we'll get that photo after all.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-05-09 5:26 pm   Permalink

Update: I spoke to Alan a couple of nights ago. His answer was still "No" about selling him and he reiterated what he had told me about Rufus being safe. I pressed him for a photo and he told me that he will send me one via text. He's starting to feel heat again regarding this and I surely hope that he will send me a pic as I don't know where he lives or where exactly Rufus is at, otherwise I would get the pic myself. I will call him again tonight.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-09 5:47 pm   Permalink

Well you know me...I avoid controversy, but I have read all the info in the Rufus threads. I may not post but I am watching the drama and trying to think good thoughts for Rufus and all the wonderful people who are making great efforts to keep him safe and find a home where he will be comfortable.

I like the Mission Impossible ploy...drone cruising over the "koi pond" where Rufus is supposedly living.

I like Ben's idea of a Rufus 2 at Frankie's.

I think we need a new mug (by Thor) as a tribute to Rufus...whether he is alive (and all the shit he has been through) or dead (I hope not).

RUFUS...MAY HE LIVE WELL AND PROSPER!!!

Keep up the efforts everyone.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-09 8:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks fez Moai ! Interesting ! I won't hold my breath but interested to see him send a solid Photo of Rufus underwater looking through a rippled, reflective surface of a pond and be able to positively identify it as Rufus. That's a feat for the greatest of photographers.
My feeling is that resistence to sell Rufus and control ant eye wittness sightings is not a good sign. Holding out my hope though for closure and or justice ! Either way, thanks for your report fez!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation