FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 09:27 am   Permalink

Erich, agreed.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 10:38 am   Permalink

PJC, Please pass over this thread. You have had nothing to contribute at all except disrespect and sarcasm. Find something worth while to do, please! Thanks!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-19 08:57, THOR's wrote:

This really captures the sadness that many of us are feeling right now, Tom
very nice job.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shovinoff
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-19 3:20 pm   Permalink

Had my morning coffee in my "Rufus" mug. Never thought I'd feel sentimental about a fish. He's the last living part of something I wish I could still experience. Loved having a Mai Tai on a hot day after work at the bar and always said "Hey Rufus" when I walked into the place that was a refuge from an ugly day. I hope this turns out well.

View Profile of shovinoff Send a personal message to shovinoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 3:40 pm   Permalink

Shovinoff.... "That was a really cool "moment" in words my friend... You "Get it..." and THAT is definitely what "Tiki" embodies... THANKS so much for contributing!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 9:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-19 15:20, shovinoff wrote:
Had my morning coffee in my "Rufus" mug. Never thought I'd feel sentimental about a fish. He's the last living part of something I wish I could still experience. Loved having a Mai Tai on a hot day after work at the bar and always said "Hey Rufus" when I walked into the place that was a refuge from an ugly day. I hope this turns out well.

I was so looking forward to having a similar feeling at Damon's.
Even better, I was looking forward to keeping one of the most beloved aspects of Bahooka's and transferring it another well-deserving Tiki bar from the post-war era.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-20 06:20 am   Permalink

I didn't read through all of the ( fight) but I was just thinking about Rufus the other day so I popped in here to check and see about his fate. I'm unclear? what happened? just point me to the page # and I'll read it. I don't want to just go by the drawing of carrots this way in Davey Jones Locker. Thats too sad.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-20 06:53 am   Permalink

Nothing happened. There are no facts or actual reliable information in any of the pages.

Everyone is hoping for the best outcome.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shovinoff
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-20 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-19 15:40, THOR's wrote:
Shovinoff.... "That was a really cool "moment" in words my friend... You "Get it..." and THAT is definitely what "Tiki" embodies... THANKS so much for contributing!!

Thanks for having me. My story?? OK! My Dad, who ran restaurants in Arcadia, San Marino and St. Croix, USVI, used to take the family to the W. Covina Bahooka 1n 1971. I was 10 years old and we had a blast. My little brother and I used to play on the artillery gun in the parking lot. We opened an ice cream parlor called the Tahitian Hut in Rowland Heights. We always reminisced about the Bahooka years after it closed. Forty years later, on a long drive home I was on Rosemead av and saw The Bahooka! all those years I never knew about the other restaurant. It became my new favorite place and had several birthday parties there. My brother said "Wow, is that the gun?" I'm almost glad I didn't know they were closing, as I would have gone nuts trying to find a way to buy it or the stuff or just drink all the Mai Tais. So now I'm working on my own little Bahooka at home in Riverside. I found TC looking for any stuff from Bahooka. One door closes and another opens! Thanks to Suzanne and Stacy for the company and cold ones. Hope to meet y'all at a tiki function or bar soon. Cool art,Thor!

View Profile of shovinoff Send a personal message to shovinoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-20 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-20 08:53, shovinoff wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-05-19 15:40, THOR's wrote:

Thanks for having me. My story?? OK! My Dad, who ran restaurants in Arcadia, San Marino and St. Croix, USVI, used to take the family to the W. Covina Bahooka 1n 1971. I was 10 years old and we had a blast. My little brother and I used to play on the artillery gun in the parking lot. We opened an ice cream parlor called the Tahitian Hut in Rowland Heights. We always reminisced about the Bahooka years after it closed. Forty years later, on a long drive home I was on Rosemead av and saw The Bahooka! all those years I never knew about the other restaurant. It became my new favorite place and had several birthday parties there. My brother said "Wow, is that the gun?" I'm almost glad I didn't know they were closing, as I would have gone nuts trying to find a way to buy it or the stuff or just drink all the Mai Tais. So now I'm working on my own little Bahooka at home in Riverside. I found TC looking for any stuff from Bahooka. One door closes and another opens! Thanks to Suzanne and Stacy for the company and cold ones. Hope to meet y'all at a tiki function or bar soon. Cool art,Thor!

What an entrance, Shovinoff!

Is the Tahitian Hut in Rowland Heights related to the one in San Francisco?
Please post any photos you have or of any other "urban archaeology" artifacts.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-20 6:23 pm   Permalink

Wow, I go on vacation and everyone goes crazy.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-05-20 6:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-15 15:33, PiPhiRho wrote:
When you post look below the "Message Body" box. There is a link that says, "Add Images To Your Post". That will tell you how to do it.

Basically, you upload the image to Tiki Central from your machine. It will give you a link and you have to copy and paste that link into your post. If you are on a mobile device (eg, ipad) that won't let you copy/paste, then write the link down verbatim on a piece of paper and then type it into your post.

They were sent via text to me. I haven't been able to send them to my email to post because it doesn't allow me to for some reason.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-20 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-20 18:23, Fez Moai wrote:
Wow, I go on vacation and everyone goes crazy.

Forgive my incredulity, but you've got to be kidding.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-05-20 18:34 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-05-20 6:35 pm   Permalink

There wasn't a single PM sent to me, so how bad were you guys really looking for those pics?

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-20 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-20 18:33, Fez Moai wrote:

They were sent via text to me. I haven't been able to send them to my email to post because it doesn't allow me to for some reason.

Post what kind of phone and OS you have and I'm sure people would be happy to help get instructions to get them out of your phone.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation