[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » WANTED- Tiki Matchbooks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
WANTED- Tiki Matchbooks
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 11:56 am   Permalink

Hey everybody. Im working on a project that will incorporate tiki matchbooks into a table Im building.
They will sit under glass along with stir sticks and other stuff.

Problem is I dont have very many matchbooks and was not interested in paying $5 - $10 each for something that Im going to glue down permanently.

Do any of you collectors have some less than great quality matchbooks that you would be willing to trade or sell?

Ive already got Don the Beachcomber and Trader Vics but am looking for a few others from back in the day.

PM me and let me know.

Thanks
Derek

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 1:45 pm   Permalink

Here's my "for sale" tiki only matchbooks folder...

First page were $1. The rest $2, except the $10 The tikis ones.

Tiki Shaker has a bunch of good tiki ones for sale too. I think his are $4 though...but they're really nice ones.

I also have a shit ton of old San Diego, Shelter Island, LA, Las Vegas and Hollywood non tiki graphic matchbooks. Like thousands of them...

Always down for trades too!

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 2:25 pm   Permalink

I've got a lot of tiki matchcovers scanned in high-resolution front and back. You could print them out on a nice inkjet printer and once they were under acrylic I doubt anyone could tell the difference. I've mocked a few up into "matchbooks" by using the innards from actual matchbooks and they look great.

Search for "tiki ephemera sharing" and you'll find a link to all the files in my Dropbox. Cost: $0.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 08:46 am   Permalink

Monkeyman -- since they're under glass, you can cheat by scanning the matchbooks (or finding photos of them online), and then printing on photo paper. Cut 'em out, and no one is the wiser (except people reading this thread).

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 11:34 am   Permalink

good idea with the scans - dont destroy tiki history !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-18 11:46 am   Permalink

I really appreciate everyones responses. I like the idea of re printing matchbooks. I will probably do a combo of both.

If I want something really rare or expensive in the table then I will try to re print those. If there are some that are easy to come by then I will use originals of those.

Nothing will be destroyed... it will be permanently memorialized as artwork/furniture.

Thanks

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 10:33 am   Permalink

I guess I should have posted a finished image of the table so that my matchbook friends can see how they were used.

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 11:29 am   Permalink

Wow, that's beautiful!!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 11:52 am   Permalink

Great job on the table. Its got a lot of eye candy.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-22 1:18 pm   Permalink

Holy cow, that is cool! Great work Monkeyman!

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 5:13 pm   Permalink

I'll take two! Awesome!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Incredible!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 7:00 pm   Permalink

I like table.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-23 06:05 am   Permalink

The photos do not do the table justice. Beautiful work!

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-29 12:11 pm   Permalink

nice work as always

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation