FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars How do YOU hide cords on your ceiling?
How do YOU hide cords on your ceiling?
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-19 12:02 am   Permalink

How do YOU hide lamp cords on your ceiling?

[ This Message was edited by: Mashuka 2014-04-19 00:07 ]

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-19 4:06 pm   Permalink

I've got a layer of burlap & then the layer of fishnet with all of the flotsam & jetsom. I paint the cords with brown, automotive, vinyl paint & snake them under the burlap. When building my room, I put outlets around the perimeter of the ceiling, operated by 2 wall switches.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-19 8:20 pm   Permalink

I had wondered about that--I am in the infancy stages of designing my bar, and was trying to figure out the wiring/outlets. I see in these home bars how they keeping adding hanging lamps and wondered how they got all that to work without a dozen extension cords lol. I guess estimate how many you'd need, then double or triple it?

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 08:09 am   Permalink

I painted my ceiling black!

Another thing I have done, even though I have a 4-gang outlet in the ceiling that is on a switch, I still have to run stuff all over and many more than 4 lights. So I got some black power strips that allow me to extend the power over to the edges and plug several things in there. You can also daisy chain power strips to get even more outlets where you need them.

If you go with bamboo rafters you have an easy place to hide a cord. This is an advantage of split bamboo over whole round.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 7:29 pm   Permalink

I use an idea I saw in the "South Pacific Room." I hang artificial Ivy vines along the wires to hide them.

It works best if you use a brown lamp chord.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation