FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Share your signature tiki drink

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Share your signature tiki drink
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-20 3:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tips and recipes everyone. The party ended up having way more in attendance than our usual soirees and I was utterly unprepared! I wanted to have the first batch of punch ready before guests arrived but I was still squeezing roughly a bagillion limes and crushing mounds of ice in the Oster Snoflake I just picked up on Etsy for 10 bucks(my new favorite toy) when people began showing up. Snacks were laid out (we tried replicating the Mai Kai pu pu platter) but I could see the natives were thirsty and getting restless and I should begin serving up drinks before I had a riot on my hands. I started with the Kapu Kai cuz it's so simple and delicious. I only intended to make a few but before I knew it a line of tiki mugs was forming and my LH151 was rapidly diminishing. Once everyone got a little teaser in their system I went back to my old stand by, a big ole batch of Rum Barrel. I really wanted to dive into something new for this occasion, which is why I posted on this thread in the first place, but as more and more guests arrived and I had to get something banged out quickly, I decided not to take chances with something I hadn't tried before and went with something I could make blindfolded. Next time I will be sure to allow myself more time for experimentation and report the results here. The Rum Barrels were a huge hit as always. I doctor the recipe a bit, just substituting the grapefruit juice with pineapple. More drinks were made throughout the night but this post is already longer than it should be.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation