advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts 15' tall tiki torch
15' tall tiki torch
White Moai

Posted: 2014-04-29 12:41 pm   Permalink

Just thought I might share my newest Moai inspired tiki torch. Its a 15 foot tall hand formed aluminum tiki torch. It has tail fins and a Moai face. I brought a small version of this to Tiki Oasis several years ago- it was next to the Ku Bar. This is the Big brother- Not only does it shoot fire, but it also has a disco top knot for night time partying when the fuel runs out.
The body was a drop tank for an airplane (auxiliary long distance fuel storage that could be dropped when emptied) the face and fins were all handmade from 18 gauge aluminum and riveted together. It took 3 months to make and 2 weeks to polish out. It was "commissioned" by the Easter Island Music Festival that happens in Oklahoma- which sounds cool- but has nothing to do with tiki stuff or easter island. Hopefully i can upload some more pics of the disco top knot. It was pretty shiny too.

View Profile of White Moai Send a personal message to White Moai  Email White Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-29 7:57 pm   Permalink

Impressive, I like, and of course I would like to own the car.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 06:06 am   Permalink

Now THAT is a torch that clearly says..."hey, party over here!". Great job and very cool.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-30 07:51 am   Permalink

That is just too cool. Imagine that in your backyard!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-30 09:15 am   Permalink

That would look good next to the Airstream at Mojave Oasis campground.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation