FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel "I'm coming back." If anybody is actually interested.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
"I'm coming back." If anybody is actually interested.
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 02:38 am   Permalink

On June the 7th i fly out of here back to the U.S. to attend the 2014 Hukilau. I have 4 weeks this time with the final week spent in L.A.

I have a hotel booked for Friday the 27th in Palm Springs so obviously i will be going to the new Tonga Hut while i'm there so if anybody is free that night and would like to meet for a drink, that's the night. Although we might extend our stay there to include the Saturday night depending on how things go.

Therefore my partner and i will be arriving in L.A. on either Saturday the 28th of June or Sunday the 29th. I hope to spend most of the following week (i fly out late on Friday 4th of July) hanging out with TikiVato and nui'umi'umi and hitting the Tonga Hut, Don the Beachcombers, Trader Sams, Ventiki and the Tiki Ti. We might even try to squeeze in the Purple Orchid and Tiki No if we have time.

At the moment the only places we have kind of confirmed dates for is Tiki Ti on Wednesday night and Trader Sams most likely on Thursday, although none of this is set in stone yet.

If anybody is interested in having a drink with an aussie tikiphile please come along and say G'day. I'll update this thread with where i'll be on what day as soon as i know as i plan to do other things while i'm there and as we all know, things don't always go to plan and schedules can change.

Hopefully i'll see some of you in June. Or maybe none of you.

Cheers
swizzle

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 09:05 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun! I hope you have a good trip.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-13 09:13 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing you, Swizzers.

By the way, it's DON THE BEACHCOMBER----no "S" at the end.-------The Spelling Police

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 11:17 am   Permalink

---The History Police

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-05-13 11:18 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-05-13 12:15 pm   Permalink

If he was going there, then it would be correct with the apostrophe and S, but he is going to Don the Beachcomber in Seal Beach. Although, he could call it Don's if he's hellbent on adding an S.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-13 12:19 pm   Permalink

The Mug Police

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-13 6:41 pm   Permalink

See you soon my friend.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-20 2:14 pm   Permalink

No San Diego? When are you going to make it to Bali Hai???

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 01:39 am   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Tacky.

I look forward to seeing you too GROG. Will you have a mug ready for me?
And i'm a bit of a spelling nazi myself but i'm not 100% sure on the 'S'. As i'm visiting the restaurant that belongs to Don, isn't the added S correct? I'm not actually visiting Don himself.
"I'm going to see Don the Beachcomber". "I'm going to see Don the Beachcombers restaurant". ???

El Jefe, not long now buddy. I'm looking forward to it.

lunavideogames, my partner mentioned possibly going down there for a day and we do have a car so it is a possibility. I'll run it by her again and we'll see what happens. We're on quite a tight schedule so it will most likely be a last minute decision as to what day we'd go, if we do.
I'll PM you as early as i can if we do decide to go down there and you'd like to meet up for a drink.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-05-21 5:57 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'll be happy to meet you at one of your stops.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 9:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-21 17:57, Fez Moai wrote:
Hey, I'll be happy to meet you at one of your stops.

No problem Fez. I'll update here when i know where i'll be and send you a PM also.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-07 9:30 pm   Permalink

What....no Vegas

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-10 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-07 21:30, hang10tiki wrote:
What....no Vegas

Not this time hang10tiki. Unfortunately time and money will not allow it.

So i arrived in L.A. on Saturday morning, hung around the airport for a few hours and then caught a connecting flight to Tucson where i've been until tomorrow morning when we flight out to Florida for the Hukilau.

Went to the Kon Tiki on Saturday night and got quite drunk which i hadn't planned on and had dinner there again last night after we arrived back from seeing Tombstone and the copper mining town Bisbee, where besides a few bars and a few stores, the only shops open were a couple of antique stores where i happened to pick up all these. Pretty stoked after only being here for three days.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-10 7:03 pm   Permalink

Keep us posted and let us know when you are planning on going to Tonga Hut.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-10 7:25 pm   Permalink

Will do hiltiki. I'm pretty sure it will most likely be Monday the 30th June, or on Tuesday the 1st July at this stage although that might change. I'll let you know when i'm more sure of the date.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation