FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Pukapuka (Danger) Room USN WWII inspired office
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Pukapuka (Danger) Room USN WWII inspired office
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-20 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-11-20 08:15, tikilongbeach wrote:
Your WWII collection would look really cool with lauhala mat on the walls. I love the items that you have.

Thanks! Yes, thats the next step, gonna do half/half painted walls and lauhala as well as Im painting the doors and furniture to look like it was assembled from Navy wood ammo crates....

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-20 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-11-11 08:09, W8N2Surf wrote:
Great theme, I really look forward to the development of you other areas as well. Side note, my grandfather was in the first medic crew that flew into Nagasaki after the bomb was dropped. He took a sword from a Japanese general, which my Dad still has mounted in his office. Sharkskin handle, all the details, but the blade is actually military issue, but sharp as a razor still to this day. Your collection reminded me, so I thought I would mention it.

thank you sir! love to see a pic of your grandfathers captured sword!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-13 2:33 pm   Permalink

two new pix, starting to put stuff back on the walls, have some older masks I wanna hang up, and a WWII USMC shelter half im making into curtains, and some rattan matting for the walls....

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-13 5:13 pm   Permalink

Looking better all the time.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 17 days ago; 02:54 am   Permalink

What would you call this style of decor. I am planning a similar style in my garage.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 5:04 pm   Permalink

Militaria.

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 04:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-17 02:54, VampiressRN wrote:
What would you call this style of decor. I am planning a similar style in my garage.

Militaria is correct or even military collectibles, let me know what you need Im sure I can find it! we have a big militaria show here in may, as well as small ones every month, which is where I found most of my collectibles! id be happy to help ya hunt down goodies for your garage VampiressRN !!!!!!

tikitonga
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 12 days ago; 2:53 pm   Permalink

Great concept. I always felt that the Pacific Theater of WWII gave birth to the tiki culture that we have been enjoying ever since. The returning sailors and airman brought home souvenirs and stories of paradise that fueled the fantasy of exotic islands. So I think the military and tiki themes go hand in hand. I myself am a bit of a militaria collector but my focus has mainly been the European Theater. Still, combining the Pacific and Tiki has always been an idea rattling around in my head so it's nice to see it in practice. Nice work!

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 11 days ago; 5:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks Paul. I don't have any military items yet, so will definitely be linking with you. We have a big military surplus store here in the Sacramento area so I can always snag something from there. http://actionmilitarysurplus.com/

The garage will definitely be a blended style. It will mostly serve as my music room. I have a lot of things already just need to start organizing. I want to paint the walls and have to build a dividing wall, have the carpet, a large electric fireplace, bamboo stands and the instruments. I will be using this thread as inspiration. Thanks so much for posting all the awesome pictures and offering to help...you are the best!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation