FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » The Paradise Lounge, Madison, WI (bar)
The Paradise Lounge, Madison, WI (bar)
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-18 11:09 am   Permalink

Name:The Paradise Lounge
Type:bar
Street:119 W Main St
City:Madison
State:WI
Zip:53703
Phone:

Description:
An early Cocktail Lounge (1960?) that still exists in the form of the "New" Paradise Lounge

I have this small menu in my collection that got me doing some digging and I came upon some info. A few online mentions are that Don Smith had endured a home fire in 1959 and years later lost the interior (gutted by fire) to his Club also. An alumnus of Wisconsin-Madison that graduated in 1964 stated that the Paradise like Nicks was a 21 year old bar. It was located quite a distance from campus in the vicinity of the State Capitol Building. "I remember this bar featuring a palm tree. A couple of my fraternity brothers and I spent a few times there." The Hula girl is just like the one used on the other Madison haunt, Pellitteri’s/The Tiki....similar menu-ad agency?

This the old exterior sign now and the fact is the "New Paradise lounge has been around for 35 years.

[ This Message was edited by: Or Got Rum? 2014-05-18 11:24 ]

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-18 3:14 pm   Permalink

Yes. I was very excited, at the time, digging up stuff from Pellitteri's/The Tiki, but I've since learned that almost all the imagery in their advertisements is clip art, used by many other businesses both near and far. A notable exception is The Tiki's weird-looking logo tiki which seems to be an original creation.

(Madison) The Capital Times, May 26, 1960

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation