Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My Bamboo Ben picasso-tiki
My Bamboo Ben picasso-tiki
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 10:16 am   Permalink

I love this and wanted to share it with other TC'ers.

I haven't seen a tiki like this before. It is made from odds and ends from around his shop. The surface is quite lava-y, too.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-07-27 00:10 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 10:42 am   Permalink

Oh, I really like it!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-07-23 10:45 am   Permalink

For such a hard-core punker in the day, Bamboo Ben does have a talent for not only bars/decor, but also smaller framed tiki art.

A visit to his shop is always worth it!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 11:18 am   Permalink

Look at the frame detail:

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 4:29 pm   Permalink

floratina, good buy sista.

BoobamBen'z shop is a must if you havent been already.

Ben, you get all da good ideas brah. cherry frame!!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 10:06 pm   Permalink

Actually, That piece that Floratina has is a "Self Portrait" of myself when I looked in the bathroom mirror at the "Big ol' Tiki Bash!" Anyone remember??

(AKA Picasso Tiki)

She owns it via barter. Floratina is quite the vediographer! (sp?) (135 Oasis 02, Ape @ the King King in L.A. etc....)

Too many ideas, too little time!!!

Mahalos for diggin it!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 10:54 am   Permalink

On the money babyboy! I love Ben's stuff( has mana)!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 1:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben,

Did you barter to view the video OR prevent others from viewing????

Cool pic-ya da King. All Hail Da Rever-end.
When's next Beach bash??? Blah...etc.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 10:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

When's next Beach bash???

Maybe I could put somthing together in the near future down at Whites Point/Royal Palms in San Perdo. It's at the very end of Western.

Thats were my Mom, Aunts, Grandmother and Grandfather lived, in the house build out of driftwood. They turned it into a county park now and we go there often for family events. Maybe I could gather up the Hedley family and some TC'ers for a gathering. You guys would trip out on the stories from their past. I'll ask if they plan on having a family gathering anytime soon and let you's know when. But then again, burning a tiki to totall ash in H.B. sounds good too!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 1:52 pm   Permalink

Cool, Ben, do samoa like dat! You know I like dat modern primitive stuff..

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 07:38 am   Permalink

Thanks for the Words Big Bro. ( a cool compliment from the Modern Primitive Man, himself)

Workin on some Modern Primitive wood beams that Bax Doggy Dog gave me. Bax will have the first (of a small series, rather large or long..) at his pad for Int. Tiki Day, to take the place of the missing Bamboo Tribe.

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 12:38 am   Permalink

More beach fun, please.

I have corrected the title of the thread. I did have picasso-moai, but it is a picasso-tiki. He is far too expressive to be a moai.

This gem was indeed a gifted score, acquired in the aftermath of OC Crawl #3. He is part of a collection. There are others out there. The materials and style are a shared characteristic but no two look alike.

scigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 4:49 pm   Permalink

This is very chic and elegant - probably would sell at a Boston or New York gallery for large green! Very nice job!

View Profile of scigirl Send a personal message to scigirl  Goto the website of scigirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation