FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Please help Identify! Is this Witco?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Please help Identify! Is this Witco?
Rswens

Posted: 2014-05-23 11:11 am   Permalink

I am trying to find out if these 2 pieces are Witco. If not what are they? Any ideas.

[ This Message was edited by: Rswens 2014-05-23 11:56 ]

View Profile of Rswens Send a personal message to Rswens      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-23 11:36 am   Permalink

Yes.

Maybe.

Probably Witco.

Any chance you could get a picture of the back side? Or tell us if there are any identifying marks on the back, on the hanger bit.... A lot of the Witco stuff was 'mass produced' so very little of their stuff is signed, but there are still sometimes stock numbers or other marks that could help nail it down to a certainty.

And Aloha! by the way. Welcome to Tiki Central.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-23 12:10 pm   Permalink

Those are Witco.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rswens

Posted: 2014-05-23 5:13 pm   Permalink

So these are Witco. Do we know what they are called? Are they worth more then the $40.00 I paid for them?

View Profile of Rswens Send a personal message to Rswens      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rswens

Posted: 2014-05-26 4:40 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know the value of these pieces?

hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 5:25 pm   Permalink

$40.00

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-26 5:27 pm   Permalink

It's non-tiki Witco. King and Queen, chess motif 70s stuff..

You probably won't unload it here if you're trying to sell it. Hard to put a number on it, but I'd say quite a bit lower than tiki Witco, but higher than your average chess piece wall hanging...

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rswens

Posted: 2014-05-27 11:03 am   Permalink

Thanks for the reply. Wasn't trying to move it, just making sure was a good deal.

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-27 11:03, Rswens wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Wasn't trying to move it, just making sure was a good deal.

Yea...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151312362823

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 4:32 pm   Permalink

WTF! yes, those are the same exact Photos posted here & priced at $299?

Rswens/shopstoragewarriors you could at least be honest about asking for help here
someone would have advised you still, but now you have spent all of our goodwill
Bloody mercenary profiteers, well I say, good day sir!!! I said good day!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 5:50 pm   Permalink

Personally i think it's about time that any member who asks "Is this Witco" and has less than X amount of posts should either be completely ignored or the moderators should remove the post. It's unbelievable how many times this happens, people claiming to only want to know the value of the piece 'out of interest' and then trying to sell them at a huge mark-up.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 6:15 pm   Permalink

You guys are probably right. I remember when I first started collecting Witco, I had a million questions, and this board was such a great resource. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But it seems like a lot do just end up being flippers...

Oh well good luck getting 300 bones for those lame pieces anyway..

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-27 17:50, swizzle wrote:
Personally i think it's about time that any member who asks "Is this Witco" and has less than X amount of posts should either be completely ignored or the moderators should remove the post. It's unbelievable how many times this happens, people claiming to only want to know the value of the piece 'out of interest' and then trying to sell them at a huge mark-up.

Swizzle, I agree 100%, and I'm sure every other member feels the same way. The only modification I would make is if the question is: "Is this fill-in-the-blank, and how much is it worth?" We all can do this, no moderator intervention needed to ignore a post. We all just need to do it...I'm in!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 9:16 pm   Permalink

So if I go back to being blunt with these types of profiteers, you guys will not jump all over me?

Yes I have been nice & helpful to folks around here for awhile, yet I usually can tell from these types of posts
what their true intentions are.

Of course the most obvious clue is when they ask the objects value within a few questions
Second if they have not taken the time to use the "introduction thread" it is possible they don't plan on
sticking around, after they get what they came here for.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 10:39 pm   Permalink

I think it can be a fine line, ATP. Because imho we also don't want to chase away everyone who potentially could bring cool & interesting finds to the site.
..plus we would get first crack at it

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation