FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Please help Identify! Is this Witco?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Please help Identify! Is this Witco?
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-16 04:44 am   Permalink

Is this Witco?

Sorry for the lousy pictures I was still shopping.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-16 07:04 am   Permalink

It can cause your lungs to disintegrate, so maybe? That lamp is def Witco; not a fountain, but prob made to hold flowers or plastic grapes or whatever in his hands. Might have had a little bowl? The lamps are hard to come by; I say slap a leopard skin shade on it & squeeze it in!

tikisgirl, even if it is Witco, it's still a giant cow head.
Quote:

On 2015-05-15 23:14, tikicoma wrote:
APT, the lady who has it told me she bought it in Hawaii in the 60's. It was a lamp but the original shade had fallen apart, can tobacco smoke cause paper to disintegrate?

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-16 07:08 am   Permalink

On second look, maybe ATPs right. Is there a hole punched in its mouth?

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-19 11:20 am   Permalink

Can someone please tell me if these are Witco or not? I bought them yesterday at an antique store with the sole intention of re-selling them at an exorbitantly high cost.

All jokes aside, i did buy these yesterday and would like to know if they are Witco or not. Although i will admit i don't 'love' these pieces, finding something even Witcoesque is a big thrill for me as the chances of finding something back in Australia i'd say is buckley's and none, so therefore i snapped them up at what i think was a reasonable price. Two of my friends back home have already offered to take them off my hands if i decide i don't want to keep them, so at least i'll get my money back.

There are no markings on either of them and the hooks on the back show a little bit of corrosion indicating they are oldish. I get the feeling they aren't real Witco but i'd just like to know for certain.

(With flash and without).

Cheers
swizzle

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-23 11:01 am   Permalink

Never seen these before, but judging by the grain, and the simple way the eyes/nose/mouth are cut, I would say Witco, yes.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-23 1:52 pm   Permalink

I'm with bigbro, but can you post a pic of the hangers on the back?

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-25 10:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks bigbrotiki and happy buddha. And i can't for another month or so happy buddha. I have mailed these back home to Australia. The hangers on the back looked a little tarnished but that is all i can say at the moment. I'll post some pics when i see them again when i get back home.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-26 4:37 pm   Permalink

That's cool. If they are little triangle hangers it's a good bet they're Witco.

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-27 2:38 pm   Permalink

They actually are little triangle hangers happy buddah, so it's sounds like i have the real deal then.

mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-08-26 10:29 am   Permalink

Real or no? I bought em anyway.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilease
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-08-26 10:55 am   Permalink

The tiki is definitely Witco and the sword is most likely yes... Nice finds !!

[ This Message was edited by: tikilease 2015-08-26 11:05 ]

View Profile of tikilease Send a personal message to tikilease      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-27 01:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-06-19 11:20, swizzle wrote:
Can someone please tell me if these are Witco or not? I bought them yesterday at an antique store with the sole intention of re-selling them at an exorbitantly high cost.

All jokes aside, i did buy these yesterday and would like to know if they are Witco or not. Although i will admit i don't 'love' these pieces, finding something even Witcoesque is a big thrill for me as the chances of finding something back in Australia i'd say is buckley's and none, so therefore i snapped them up at what i think was a reasonable price. Two of my friends back home have already offered to take them off my hands if i decide i don't want to keep them, so at least i'll get my money back.

There are no markings on either of them and the hooks on the back show a little bit of corrosion indicating they are oldish. I get the feeling they aren't real Witco but i'd just like to know for certain.

Cheers
swizzle

Nah, dem ain’t Witco, leave em in L A Robbie
David and CeCe

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-08-27 02:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-26 10:55, tikilease wrote:
The tiki is definitely Witco and the sword is most likely yes... Nice finds !!

[ This Message was edited by: tikilease 2015-08-26 11:05 ]

Cool. I found them in the corner of a junk shop in Springfield, MO today. They were buried behind a bunch of furniture and I could just barely see the tops of each piece sticking out. Asked the guy what he wanted for em as nothing in there was priced. He said make me an offer. I said I really have no idea, shoot me a number. He said 25 bucks. I said sold.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-27 2:12 pm   Permalink

I picked this small stool up today for $20. My gut feeling said Witco for sure but I would like some other opinions on it. I'm almost positive the white vinyl seat is an old replacement. I plan to keep it either way. After a treatment with Howard's it will join the rest of the Witco family.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-27 2:35 pm   Permalink

I saw a set like that before, I do believe it is Witco
and you are right about the replaced cushion.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation