Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace eBay: Witco Bar with four stools
eBay: Witco Bar with four stools
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

Not my acution: This is really a fair price for that bar, since it has FOUR of those bar stools, which are a bit nicer than the original weird "Kau" bar stools - and the original leopard print still looks good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Witco-African-Bar-amp-4-stools-from-Exotic-Bar-groups-Voyager-Collection-MCM-Tiki-/251548895444?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

The snag of course is the "local pick up only"

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 08:22 am   Permalink

FYI it is in Asheville, NC, at the Tobacco Barn antique mall just about an hour and a half from me.

Announcing Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden coming soon!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2014-06-05 08:23 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 09:48 am   Permalink

That is AWESOME...

I have always wanted that bar.

If I had the space and a way to get it back to Chicago without losing my shirt, I am
positive I would buy it in less than one second. $850 is extremely reasonable for
that piece, based on prices I've seen for it over the years.

We OUGHT to have a place to put it soon (like, not real soon, but soonish...)

These things always seem to come along at the most inconvenient times, don't they?

Hmmm... let's see... 20 hour drive round-trip from Chicago, times three tanks of gas each way...

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-08 10:35 am   Permalink

Does this bar *always* come with the PNG mask carving on the front, or was it an option? I recently bought one w/o the mask and I figured it was lost along the way somewhere. My buddy in Oregon will be dropping it off soon - can't wait!

That is a nice one, with a great price.

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-08 12:26 pm   Permalink

The African bar always came with that mask I believe, but I know they used the leopard print fabric on several different types of their bars.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation