FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe: Is there a traditional way to make a Pimm's Cup?
Recipe: Is there a traditional way to make a Pimm's Cup?
Const Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-05 6:49 pm   Permalink

I just got my first bottle of Pimm's and was looking for a recipe, but I can't seem to find two that are the same. Am I supposed to use ginger ale or lemonade or 7up? Do I add fruit slices or do I muddle the fruit? Should I add a squeeze of orange? Do I even add fruit at all? And most of all, is the Pimm's to mixer ratio 3 to 1, or 4 to 1? Any advice from TC'ers would be appreciated.

View Profile of Const Tiki Send a personal message to Const Tiki  Email Const Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 8:07 pm   Permalink

You need borage leaves (if those are not available just use cucumber slices) and people literally add in anything and everything to the mix so tomato can even be added in. So basically whatever fruit you have on hand can go in the glass.

Do not muddle the fruit, just slices added to the glass.

Traditional is lemonade, but you can use ginger beer if you want more bite or sparkling wine.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 8:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-05 18:49, Const Tiki wrote:
I just got my first bottle of Pimm's and was looking for a recipe, but I can't seem to find two that are the same. Am I supposed to use ginger ale or lemonade or 7up? Do I add fruit slices or do I muddle the fruit? Should I add a squeeze of orange? Do I even add fruit at all? And most of all, is the Pimm's to mixer ratio 3 to 1, or 4 to 1?

any or all of the above.

they call it "Summer in a glass."

I like 4 oz Pimm's, 1 oz lemon juice, 1 oz simple syrup, shaken over ice and strained into a tall glass, garnished with a spear of cucumber, a lemon slice, half a strawrberry (you cheeky monkey), topped off w/about 2 oz seltzer water and a mint sprig.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 9:31 pm   Permalink

Ideally you are able to find R. White's Fizzy Lemonade, but ginger ale works in a pinch. And English cucumbers are much better than normal cucumbers but they tend to be really expensive.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunny&Rummy 2014-06-05 21:46 ]

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-05 9:38 pm   Permalink

Oh, and anyone who wants to grow their own borage, I have tons of seeds from my plants, all you have to do is ask. Grows like a weed and supposedly helps keep hornworms away from tomato plants.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

Sunny is right-- the cucumber should be English-style, which all the groceries carry these days.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation