FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-06 2:22 pm   Permalink

Keep them burning and don't abandon the kapus.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-21 7:00 pm   Permalink

Great book Sven!

Especially biased with the cover (Clearwater, FL in the house!!)

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-06-25 09:56 am   Permalink

Tiki Pop is half price on Taschen.com today (and for 4 days while supply lasts)!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-25 10:28 pm   Permalink

Indeed!:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/02897/facts.tiki_pop_america_imagines_its_own_polynesian_paradise.htm

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-26 06:59 am   Permalink

I always miss the sales

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-26 1:07 pm   Permalink

It is going on still, till the 28th
I took advantage of it to get the Film Noir book I have been eying for some time
as I already have Tiki Pop.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-28 12:01 pm   Permalink

TASCHEN is having another blowout sale today & tomorrow
Tiki Pop is going for $29.99 til it sells out.

Lots of other good books too!

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/02897/facts.tiki_pop_america_imagines_its_own_polynesian_paradise.htm

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-28 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-28 12:01, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
TASCHEN is having another blowout sale today & tomorrow
Tiki Pop is going for $29.99 til it sells out.

Lots of other good books too!

Nice tip, thanks ATP, they have some GREAT sale prices. For those going to The Hukilau in June, it's possible that Sven Kirsten may be there and willing to sign his books. (In some past years, though, he has been out of the country filming.)

Oh -- Included in the sale books are "Restaurant and Bar Design" and "Living in Bali," both titles which may appeal to some of us here on TC.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-29 06:35 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up ATP! Finally got it ordered...

Paul

View Profile of pwest71 Send a personal message to pwest71      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-29 10:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-28 18:56, AceExplorer wrote:
.For those going to The Hukilau in June, it's possible that Sven Kirsten may be there and willing to sign his books. (In some past years, though, he has been out of the country filming.)

Sorry to say that NOPE! and Yeah, that darn Sven Kirsten has to labour on foreign shores again and cannot attend Hukilau as he so much wished

Though my Tiki passion and book writing has sustained me mentally all these years, I has not been able to sustain my Hollywood life style of fast drugs and loose women, and so:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-29 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-29 10:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
Though my Tiki passion and book writing has sustained me mentally all these years, I has not been able to sustain my Hollywood life style of fast drugs and loose women, and so:

Way to go, Sven! Safe travels to you -- we'll miss you in Ft. Lauderdale. I'll talk to one of the burlesque dancers and see if we can arrange a photo op of a pasty with your face on it being skillfully worn.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-22 03:09 am   Permalink

Does anyone know where i can get an English version of the DVD? There is one on eBay at the moment but that's a French version and the ones on Amazon look like they are French also.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-22 07:24 am   Permalink

Swizzle,

I purchased the DVD from the French Amazon website when it first came out. The text is all in french on the outside but the DVD menu lets you pick a French or English version to play off of the DVD. My guess is that there is only one version of the DVD that has both French and English.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-23 6:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks MaukaHale. I was at a friends over the weekend and saw he had a copy which reminded me that i didn't actually have a copy myself. From memory his was actually in English (the cover). If i can't track one down i might have to get him to burn me a copy of it.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation