FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki A Thank You to Amy & Jeff of Tiki Magazine!
A Thank You to Amy & Jeff of Tiki Magazine!
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-09 12:48 pm   Permalink

Yesterday, I stopped by Tonga Hut to get my 2nd new issue of Tiki Mag and was happy to notice each issue was individually bagged with a cardstock backing and a Tiki Magazine sticker sealing the flap! I couldn't have received a more mint condition issue! Thanks for taking the time & money to do this! I LOVE the 2nd issue, especially the cover photo taken by our own Scott Mabutt!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-09 12:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Enchanted Tiki Guy!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-06-10 10:37 am   Permalink

You're welcome Enchanted Tiki Guy, glad you appreciate it!

It was Sherriyaki behind the boards and bags for the Tonga Hut locations, they were also available that way at Tiki Caliente 6.

TT

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 08:06 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 12:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks, we have a great team that cares very much about what we present and we have Nicks great magazine legacy to keep us on the right path. WE will continue to strive to improve it, next edition August

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Joe Banks, GREAT shot of the Disneyland CM holding the mag!! I love it!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-24 9:59 pm   Permalink

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but just had to say I received the holiday issue today and just had a chance to sit down with it for a while. I continue to be blown away by the new format and content. Really great stuff.

Mahalo nui loa and Happy Holidays to everyone working on the magazine!

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-27 11:10 pm   Permalink

I agree...so fun to see the great pictures and articles about the wonderful Tikiphiles in our lives. Congrats to Alan for the volcano article. Ernie...that was your best cartoon to date!!! I still have so much to read, but looking forward to savoring it all.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-12-27 11:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Marlene. Squid said the same thing. My comic printed a little dark, but the humor came across and that's what matters.

I just got my issue yesterday and it's really nice. The issue is a great mixture of old and new. Some great historical articles and photos in there as well as articles and photos about the new Tiki revival. A lot of drink recipes for you (us) alcoholics.

I love seeing the awesome home tiki bars in the photo spread in the middle of the magazine.

Great job putting this together Tiki Mag team.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-29 1:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone, we have many contributors and Jeff kunkle and Tom D Kline are the Team behind this magazine, which still has its founder Nick, at heart! Merry Christmas everyone!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RyanTheTerrible
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-12-30 09:51 am   Permalink

Really great issue. I wish I could go to all the places in the ads!!!

View Profile of RyanTheTerrible Send a personal message to RyanTheTerrible      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-30 2:17 pm   Permalink

NICE issue. Really liked the "Toti" Terorotua/Mai Kai article. Looking forward to checking out the Longitude Bar in Oakland for 2015!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-31 05:38 am   Permalink

It was really fun working on Longitude with Suzanne Long. Nice to see a write up on it in this issue of Tiki Magazine and More. Now to see what other kind of "And More" I can get my hands on..... p.s. Look for "The Shrunken Head" a few issues away.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-31 10:37 pm   Permalink

BB...you are a tease...will be watching for your magic!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation