FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Danish Modern inspired stereo cabinet with lighted puffer fish
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Danish Modern inspired stereo cabinet with lighted puffer fish
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Well that's not cheap.

Nope! Nor is it sensible. These are things I am rarely accused of.

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-15 09:59 am   Permalink

One more image, you know what time it is:

I hadn't watched anything in my theater for a good 2 months while I assembled and finished the cabinet on the spot, since I don't really have a shop space inside. I can tell you, that was a damn good drink!

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-16 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-15 09:59, Greg_D_R wrote:
One more image, you know what time it is:

I hadn't watched anything in my theater for a good 2 months while I assembled and finished the cabinet on the spot, since I don't really have a shop space inside. I can tell you, that was a damn good drink!

Very impressive. Really enjoyed seeing your sketches and progress pics. Very nice concept / design and even nicer finished product. Cheers brother!

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-16 8:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Very impressive. Really enjoyed seeing your sketches and progress pics. Very nice concept / design and even nicer finished product. Cheers brother!

Aloha quickiki! Stockton, CA, home of little Filipino men who used to beat me with wooden knives and rattan sticks! Ah, the memories

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-16 8:50 pm   Permalink

Wow, that is beautiful! And such a great idea. I need a dry puffer fish aquarium!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 8:38 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow Batman !!!!!! that's incredible!!!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 8:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks again, everyone. I've had requests for plans, and suggestions that I should build and sell them, but it's probably too specific to a particular size of amp and number of components, and everyone's system would be different. I'm proud of it, but I'm also a little surprised at how well received it's been, by the tiki people and the home theater people. I wonder if it's the retro look, or the light display that's hitting the sweet spot?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation