FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » GENE RAINS: Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains. CD
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
GENE RAINS: Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains. CD
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-06-21 12:21 am   Permalink

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!
A Gene Rains Best Of on CD!!!
www.realgonemusic.com/news/2014/6/20/gene-rains.html

These should be available at Tiki Oasis!

Along with Martin Denny & Arthur Lyman, Gene Rains Is One of the Big Three of Exotica Conductor/Composers

Nevertheless, None of Rains’ Albums Have Come Out on CD, and His Work Has Never Been Anthologized

"Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains" Includes 15 Tracks Taken from All Three of His Classic Decca Albums

Liner Notes by Randy Poe

Art and Sound Assistance by Mark Riddle a.k.a. DigiTiki, the Man Behind the Popular Podcast “The Quiet Village”

Striking Front Cover Art Features MeduSirena the Fire-Eating Mermaid

Layout by Tonga Tom

Additional photography by Kari Hendler

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 12:05 pm   Permalink

Sweet!!
thanks for the heads up.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 1:20 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to this.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-22 2:54 pm   Permalink

Wonderful news!!!

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-22 5:36 pm   Permalink

No digital samples?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 7:31 pm   Permalink

I want the vinyl and the CD.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 9:42 pm   Permalink

This is good news. Gene Rains was completely on a par with Martin Denny & Arthur Lyman and has been relatively unknown to the digital set.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-24 5:02 pm   Permalink

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-01 1:40 pm   Permalink

I was listening to Gene Rains Lotus Land (vinyl)last night and now this CD? Super deal. I'd buy it for the cover photo alone! I'll pick this up when I find it.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-09 08:10 am   Permalink

If you are unfamiliar with Gene Rains (as I was) Here is Gene Rains "Danse Arabe

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2014-07-20 09:27 am   Permalink

Placed my order last night. I'm glad Gene Rains is finally getting a CD release. As mentioned on The Quiet Village podcast: if you like it, buy it so labels know we want more re-releases of older exotica.

Kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2014-07-21 11:15 am   Permalink

For those of you going to this ...
Tonga Hut PNG themed art show & parking lot sale! Tikiyaki 5-0! Tiki Pop book signing Sat. July 26!
CD should be available there.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-22 8:51 pm   Permalink

Cool! Thanks for the heads up Tom.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2014-07-24 08:52 am   Permalink

It's official, the first ever Gene Rains CD will be available at Tonga Hut this Saturday (7/26/2014)! Be the first to get your hands on a copy. 19 tracks available digitally for the first time!

DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 6:22 pm   Permalink

Just got my two (2) copies of "Far Away Lands" from Amazon! What a beautifully produced package of long overdue tiki music on CD! Thanks to everyone at Tiki Central who had a hand in getting this music released as a physical, digital product. You guys rock!

Ever since DigiTiki touted the wonders of Gene Rains on his Quiet Village podcast, I've wanted to own a piece of this wonderful slice of overlooked exotica. Now it's finally mine, and I'm going to spend the rest of the summer (and the years ahead) feasting on these 19 morsels!

Bravo!

[ This Message was edited by: DejaVoodoo 2014-07-28 18:23 ]

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation