[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Desert Hibiscus Room - Mesa, AZ
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Desert Hibiscus Room - Mesa, AZ
matt-tiki-teo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-22 2:11 pm   Permalink

Hi All,

Thanks to a much too understanding Mrs-tiki-teo and the inspiration of you fine people, I have been cleared to transform a 10' x 15' den into the Desert Hibiscus Room. This won't compete with some of the palaces on here but it's my bit of tiki in the desert. The pics below represent about 15 months of work - mainly on weekends here and there. Not everything falls into an orthodox view on tiki. For example, there are some Caribbean elements. Although this may be appropriate on some level since it forms the foundation of tiki drinks. So for now, thanks for looking! I will try and post some night pictures and progress on other ideas for the room. Mahalo!

The entrance to the Desert Hibiscus Room:

The roof:

View Profile of matt-tiki-teo Send a personal message to matt-tiki-teo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 4:12 pm   Permalink

Very well done!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 5:44 pm   Permalink

Now that's a pretty good base, But where is the bar?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
matt-tiki-teo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-22 6:27 pm   Permalink

Glad you asked!

Unfortunately it doesn't fit in the space I've got. Oh, to have a basement...

View Profile of matt-tiki-teo Send a personal message to matt-tiki-teo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 7:34 pm   Permalink

Nice looking room and that "bar" is VERY impressive. Nice selection you have there.

Love your tiki fountain. Did you do that yourself?

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Rangoon

Posted: 2014-06-22 7:45 pm   Permalink

Very well done! It's a shame that you haven't any rum, though.

View Profile of Dr. Rangoon Send a personal message to Dr. Rangoon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-22 9:21 pm   Permalink

Need rum?
Let me know and I'll drive up from Casa Grande with a bottle. I'll even stick around and help you drink it.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 03:26 am   Permalink

LIKE that coffee table!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
matt-tiki-teo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-23 06:52 am   Permalink

I'd love to take credit for the tiki fountain but it was purchased at a home & garden show. There are some ideas in the works though to add lighted misters to the bamboo columns that could be triggered on-demand. Special effects ala Trader Sam's.

El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 07:47 am   Permalink

Nice work. Can you detail some of the building process?

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-23 08:16 am   Permalink

Hi from a fellow Arizonian! Funny we saw that fountain or a similar one of craigslist now I guess I know who got it !! Looks great!

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 12:41 pm   Permalink

wow, really love your room, especially the ceiling! what an awesome space! where did you get your tiki standing on the bamboo? that's too cool!
wanna see more pix, especially the liquor pantry !!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 3:16 pm   Permalink

Great lookin' space. I also love the boomerang coffee table (antique or new one?) and killer looking ceiling! Would love to see some "before" pics, too!

Thanks for posting!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC, you have done some great work there. Really nice job on the ceiling, well organized space and overall decor. Nice libation collection too.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-23 18:24, VampiressRN wrote:
Welcome to TC, you have done some great work there. Really nice job on the ceiling, well organized space and overall decor. Nice libation collection too.

"Libation" wow that's a $10.00 word! I had to actually look it up!!! I agree your liquor cabinet is festooned with a plethora of fine beverages!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation