FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Good place to find ABS molds for tikis?
Good place to find ABS molds for tikis?
clintiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-29 3:16 pm   Permalink

I am looking for the supplier of this mold (pic posted) any help would be greatly appreciated! Mahalo all...

View Profile of clintiki Send a personal message to clintiki  Email clintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-06-29 6:55 pm   Permalink

It's a cheap plastic tiki you get at Party City or some cheap party store and then people use it as a mold and fill it with plaster or cement. You have to bury in sand or something first so it doesn't flex and become misshapen when you fill it.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-29 7:32 pm   Permalink

I wish I knew. That is a good sculpt. Yep, you could build him into a column... all kinds of good things.

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-29 9:40 pm   Permalink

Yes, check Party City or a dollar store. Here's a tread that shows how to cast them in concrete or hypertufa. I used black and white epoxy coated aquarium gravel as the aggregate and hosed them off a bit afer unmoling them to soften the edges and expose the colored aggregate. Then I stained them with acid concrete stain.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
clintiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-30 9:30 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone so far for all of your help. The original tiki on a budget thread was posted by coolava back in '07 and I sent him a PM. Hopefully I will find out where he got it. Googled everywhere for it and still can't find it. Hope to hear from him soon!

[ This Message was edited by: clintiki 2014-06-30 21:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: clintiki 2014-06-30 21:34 ]

View Profile of clintiki Send a personal message to clintiki  Email clintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation