FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Home Tiki Bar Build Out - Spider Island Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Home Tiki Bar Build Out - Spider Island Lounge
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-23 08:50 am   Permalink

Yes, I ordered a few yards of it from ebay for like $10 and then glued it on. Worked out great.

Quote:

On 2015-06-23 08:48, KonaKaiBaby wrote:
Sweet! Is that Leopard print fabric on the bar between the bac bac? How much fun is that?!?

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaKaiBaby
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-06-23 08:51 am   Permalink

Nice. I love it. What a great touch. Really adds to the atmosphere.

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-23 7:14 pm   Permalink

Wow...I love that couch and chairs...very nice!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:02 am   Permalink

I like your entrance to the bar, I'm sure you have other bar upgrades planned, shelving, etc.. Look forward to Phase II!

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:20 am   Permalink

Thanks guys.

The buildout is completely done and I'm slowly starting to decorate the room. Here are some updated photos:

The view coming down the stairs. This is where I mounted the half dozen Tiki bar signs I received from friends and family.

Cat on a chair guards an old school Flounder Harvey's painting.

Mounted a medium-size puffer fish in one corner.

View from the staircase as you enter the room.

Scored a fabulous vintage bamboo side table and lamp from Edge Modern in Clifton, NJ

I'll try to take some final photos this week as well as some detail shots. Thanks everyone for following this chaotic two year journey.

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Momo

Posted: 5 days ago; 10:20 am   Permalink

Your hard work has paid off. It looks great. I had a question about the name Spider Island Lounge; where did that come from? Are you a big fan of the movie, "The Horrors of Spider Island" or do you just have a lot of spiders in your basement?

View Profile of Tiki Momo Send a personal message to Tiki Momo  Goto the website of Tiki Momo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 10:55 am   Permalink

Both. Our basement was teeming with spiders and we are obsessed with the Horrors of Spider Island, particularly the MST3K parody episode.

Tiki Momo

Posted: 5 days ago; 11:46 am   Permalink

Right on. I love MST3K. I preferred the early Joel episodes, but Spider Island is a classic.

View Profile of Tiki Momo Send a personal message to Tiki Momo  Goto the website of Tiki Momo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaKaiBaby
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 3 days ago; 11:07 am   Permalink

Oh I do miss Joel. Those were the golden days of MST3K!

Come on down to the Hokulani Lounge!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hokulani-Lounge/1110336148981097

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation