[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Strange Tiki Merchandise
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Strange Tiki Merchandise
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-03 11:31 am   Permalink

This is a thread for posting images of weird and wacky "tiki" stuff produced for commercial sale. This thread is not intended for one-off items, or craft projects per-se, but instead for stuff available for purchase by consumers at large.

If it makes you grin and wonder, or makes you stand there scratching your head wondering "What the hell," or makes you laugh because it's weird, wacky, wild, or insanely stoopid, then it's probably what we're looking for in this thread. (We could accept photos of someone doing something stoopid with a tiki, or to a tiki, since humor is kinda what I envision for this thread.)

I'll begin with this photo of a "tiki bubble machine" currently available from our friends at Target.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-03 11:37 am   Permalink

If only they would have paid to license "Tiny Bubbles".

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-03 2:16 pm   Permalink

I actually have one of those tiki bubble machines that I bought for my balcony at Tiki Oasis several years ago. Fortunately, the coloring was much more subtle than it looks in the pictures. Unfortunately, the bottom lip of the tiki messes with the flow of the bubbles. I ended up tossing the tiki head and just keeping the bubble machine. The tiki head just sits over the actual bubble mechanism, so I didn't have to detach anything.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-03 6:06 pm   Permalink

how bout a tiki boogie board, does that count?

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-03 8:39 pm   Permalink

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while. Here's some strange commercial tiki stuff:

Tiki video game and lunchbox

Tiki coconut water

Tiki pens

My favorite weird tiki - my tiki socks

Tiki car stickers, some are cool, some are weird - yes my beach car

Lastly Tiki mini golf logo and Styrofoam mascot, maybe there is a better "ugly" tiki tread for these images which are probably one-offs and against the rules here but I'm offended by this one and the lunch pale. Tiki is not comical. My socks are cool and fun not funny. The line can be blurred, wide and colored gray.

Sorry for the little rant and there are a million opinions on this. I don't mean to start a debate but it was good to get it off my chest though. Back to the spirit of this thread; weird, mass produced, tiki for sale. It is reality - the devolution of tiki. This thread is good, it can bare witness to it. I'll certainly keep my eye out for more and post it here. That bubble tiki and boogie boards are great examples, keep them coming!

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-04 05:58 am   Permalink

Aloha PelePaul and CreativeNative - great pics! I love the pics! And Jen, your bubble machine story is classic where the device turned out to be "more show than go."

I'm sure there will be some more good pics coming in the future. There's no debate - once again we see that tiki has made an impression in today's world and that's a good thing. People quickly can see the difference between cheesy tiki and the really good stuff that we see from our carvers and in our favorite tiki bars. I think there is a very real possibility that the "pendulum of new tiki" will swing more the other way back to the better stuff and we'll see more of it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 08:03 am   Permalink

Here are some Tiki merchandise items have have seen over the years.

Le Tiki Bra.

A Tiki Razor

Tiki Lemonade

Tiki Candy.

Tiki Beer.

Viva la Tiki!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 08:15 am   Permalink

Floating beer pong is big with followers of Ku

and one NSFW
http://www.amazon.com/Tickler-Realistic-Veined-Purple-Vibrator/dp/B00CTT0TQ0

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki 2014-07-04 08:17 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 08:16 am   Permalink

I would wear the hell out of those socks.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 2:55 pm   Permalink

jake and the neverland pirates, had to buy this for my nephew......

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 2:58 pm   Permalink

oh and I forgot these too, this is awesome stuff by the way!!

Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-04 5:22 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-04 5:40 pm   Permalink

My cat eats Tiki Cat. Not because I'm that devoted to tiki, it's just his favorite.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-07-05 10:47 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-05 12:10 am   Permalink

Couple more tiki items from my local grocery stories.

The rival to Hawaiian Punch, Shasta's Tiki Punch

Close on its weird tiki character

Also a rare 808 Vodka with its tiki logo, on left is the pineapple flavor

Closer on tiki logo

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2014-07-05 00:11 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-06 1:53 pm   Permalink

I’d posted Squidward’s hut (SpongeBob’s Buddy) some time ago under tiki find’s. I thought it was strange then and I still do but I bought it anyway.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation