[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The home bar fridge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The home bar fridge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-27 11:28 pm   Permalink

Wow...that was a beaut!!! I really just want to paint the one in my lounge.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alves123

Posted: 2016-05-28 12:16 pm   Permalink

Has anyone tried covering a fridge with bamboo matting to make it look more like a cabinet, maybe with some bamboo trim? Looking for an idea of lightweight panels to cover my fridge in my tiki bar.

View Profile of Alves123 Send a personal message to Alves123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alves123

Posted: 2016-05-28 12:16 pm   Permalink

Has anyone tried covering a fridge with bamboo matting to make it look more like a cabinet, maybe with some bamboo trim? Looking for an idea of lightweight panels to cover my fridge in my tiki bar.

View Profile of Alves123 Send a personal message to Alves123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-05-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

I have wracked my brain for years to figure out how to cover the white fridge in my lounge. Recently I found fridge wraps and ordered the Dr Pepper one, waiting for my handyman to apply it. Check out this vendor, they have some really great wraps. I will take some pics when mine is done. Forgot to say, when you order you need to give them the size of your fridge and they will print it specifically to match your need.

http://rmwraps.com/refrigerator-wraps/

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2016-05-30 14:53 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-10 08:25 am   Permalink

Well here's an update folks. The new fridge totally died after only a year and a half. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty. After a call to Lowe's I was told that no one in my area worked on the Haier brand of refrigerators. GREAT! I did receive a reimbursement for the total cost of the fridge though. Now I'm back on the hunt for a fridge that will fit in the small area behind my bar. Seems that folks have been having the same issues with this brand as of late. Just thought I'd pass that along

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-02-10 10:01 am   Permalink

After looking through the website that Vamp used for her fridge wrap, I would be thrilled to use this one on a mini-fridge in a tiki bar.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-14 06:01 am   Permalink

I'd love to find an old-timey "shipping crate" to put my bar fridge into. (There were a couple of wraps I LOVED but I;d rather avoid the $$$.) Anyone know of any online plans for making such a crate?

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-21 6:18 pm   Permalink

Uncle Trav, have you thought of looking on craigslist for another 50s or 60s fridge? We're lucky enough to know a great appliance guy who can keep all our 50s appliances going strong. But they turn up around here at estate sales enough that there's plenty of great old appliances for everyone...

In our bar we don't have that much room and don't really need a big fridge -- we have a dorm fridge behind the bar that looks just like Swanky's

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation