FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Group in NJ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Group in NJ?
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-29 18:38, PurpleXombie wrote:
Cubelibre looks interesting. And their website says that August is rum month!

Cube Libre is pretty fancy, but not tiki at all
The Yachtsman just opened and it is more of a surf vibe, but they serve classic and signature tiki drinks in mugs and real coconuts.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-17 5:42 pm   Permalink

Hey!

We've got a couple of Tiki gigs coming up at Otto's this week! Please stop in!

Cheers!

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-17 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-15 13:44, exquisitecorpse wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-07-29 18:38, PurpleXombie wrote:
Cubelibre looks interesting. And their website says that August is rum month!

Cube Libre is pretty fancy, but not tiki at all
The Yachtsman just opened and it is more of a surf vibe, but they serve classic and signature tiki drinks in mugs and real coconuts.

Have you been there yet? I heard they were open, but I haven't been there, I am fearing lots of hipster attitude, you know, the classic we-are-too-cool-for-you attitude.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-17 8:50 pm   Permalink

Hope you folks can start a meet-up, it is so much fun to hook up with other Tikiphiles in your area. Sometimes you just have to pic a date/time/place and go for it. In the Sacramento area we started some meet-ups and still do them occasionally. Every once in a while someone has a party we all try to make. We are now in our 9th year of our Home Tiki Crawl, it is fun to enjoy our Tiki sanctuaries and share food, cocktails and our collectables.

Best of luck on linking with your local Ohana.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-17 10:03 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2014-08-17 17:44, TikiGoddess wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-08-15 13:44, exquisitecorpse wrote:
Quote:

Have you been there yet? I heard they were open, but I haven't been there, I am fearing lots of hipster attitude, you know, the classic we-are-too-cool-for-you attitude.

i went to a soft opening, about half the crowd seemed hipstery and annoying. i suspect their $2 PBRs will keep them coming back.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-18 06:12 am   Permalink

I'm dying to go to the Yachtsman!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
YonkersTikiHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-19 08:20 am   Permalink

Can we start a meet up? Pretty please!

View Profile of YonkersTikiHut Send a personal message to YonkersTikiHut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-20 6:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-15 09:41, kristiki wrote:
There is going to be a bus tour of many of those places in October.

looks cool!

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-20 11:46 pm   Permalink

details?

Quote:

On 2014-08-20 18:50, Zonker88 wrote:
Quote:

looks cool!

PurpleXombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-22 8:31 pm   Permalink

The Bridge and Tunnel tour sounds awesome! I'm so there! Hopefully it won't be snowing by then lol.

View Profile of PurpleXombie Send a personal message to PurpleXombie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PurpleXombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-22 10:24 pm   Permalink

The Bridge and Tunnel tour sounds awesome! I'm there. Hopefully it won't be snowing by then...

View Profile of PurpleXombie Send a personal message to PurpleXombie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-23 7:50 pm   Permalink

They have a Facebook page up so you probably want to start following that for updates.

http://www.facebook.com/BridgeAndTunnelTikiTour

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-24 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Check it out here:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17960

WOW! that came just in time cuz this other guy was just asking about meeting other tiki
folks in NJ here...

"I'm from Central NJ and interested in starting a group of fellow people from around the area to go to tiki bars/restaurants"

Serendipity that's what that is.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-26 6:29 pm   Permalink

Some times it just works out.

I was at the test event in March 2012, it was a good time, fun venues. Glad to see the official event is coming together.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
YonkersTikiHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-27 07:02 am   Permalink

Has anyone noticed the increased amount of articles about NYC tiki locales and that it mentions Brian Miller as being the person keeping tiki culture alive??

I haven't been to any of his events because they happen so infrequently. The articles make it seem like everyone in the city has given up on tiki which I really must beg to differ.

View Profile of YonkersTikiHut Send a personal message to YonkersTikiHut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation