FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut PNG themed art show & parking lot sale! Tikiyaki 5-0! Tiki Pop book signing Sat. July 26!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tonga Hut PNG themed art show & parking lot sale! Tikiyaki 5-0! Tiki Pop book signing Sat. July 26!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 09:15 am   Permalink

See you soon, everybody. I have only 20 books left, so if you want one, come early. And 5 DVDs.

Holden will be there selling the Tiki Pop mug with the bookmark

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 3:09 pm   Permalink

Some of the plaques that will be outside at the Tonga Hut Show Saturday

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-25 7:19 pm   Permalink

Great looking stuff Roots Rocker and Hotty.

Save a book for GROG bigbro.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-07-26 08:25 am   Permalink

GROG waiting for kiln to cool down, so hopefully enough stuff come out of firing good enough to sell so GROG can make a few dollars to buy Sven' book. Wendy Cevola sent GROG photo from Tiki Pop book. Apparently GROG have piece pictured in book (Blue Bob on the left). Next to a BOSKO piece, no less. GROG honored. Thanks Sven.

Thankfully, since it's next to a Bosko piece, that must mean it's in the "Tiki Revival" section, rather than the "Downfall of Tiki" section.

GROG looking forward to seeing what the vendors/artists are bringing for the art show. First Papa New Guinea themed art show we've had, and it should be a good one. Weather should be nice today in North Hollywood.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at 2pm today, and getting GROG' drink on tonight and listening to Tikiyaki perform.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-07-26 08:27 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-26 10:17 am   Permalink

Aloha Everybody!

Sorry for the lateness in updating... I've been going in a million directions this week!

Fez Moai is joining the vendor lineup!

Here are some of the artists participating in the art show:

Grog
TikiRootsRocka
Scott Mabbutt
Val Upthegrove
Eric October

And more to be announced! If I get a chance!

Artists are vying for the "Best in Sepik" ribbon:

See everybody soon!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-26 10:23 am   Permalink

Heading out to pick up my ceramic pieces for the show today...

Here are some in progress shots of the bisque before the glazing:

PNG drum shotglass/pendants

PNG Drum mug

PNG Crocodile bowl

And here's a paper sculpture of a PNG drum. I think it's the largest paper sculpture I've done so far!

Thanks fer lookin'!
See everybody later today!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-07-26 10:56 am   Permalink

Muy awesome stuff, Tobunga. Hope it all comes out of the kiln OK this morning.

GROG open GROG' kiln, and unfortunately GROG' PNG Spirit Board wall-hanging had some glaze issues. GROG going to bring anyways for the art show, but GROG not sell until GROG fix glaze and refire. Don't know why glazed it, because it takes way too long having to put three coats of each color and then there's always a chance something won't come out when it's fired. GROG should have just painted it.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-26 12:01 pm   Permalink

I'll be getting there around 5,
Hopefully art show will still be up.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-07-27 09:54 am   Permalink

Thanks for putting on the art show Tobunga and the Tonga Hut. Thanks to everybody who came and who bought crap from GROG so GROG could afford to get Sven Tiki Pop book. It was fun hearing Tikiyaki5.0, the paired down version of Tikiyaki Orchestra. And congrats to Tiki Roots Rocker for winning the PNG art show with his awesome lamp.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-07-27 16:24 ]

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 2:23 pm   Permalink

Thank You to the Tonga Hut/Eric O. for organizing the PNG art show last Saturday, it was low key and laid-back and full of tiki goodness. It was great to talk with old friends and meet a few new ones as well...Thanks also to the several customers I had who bought paintings from me - I really appreciate the love and support directed towards them. Mahalo! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 3:18 pm   Permalink

Who won the art contest?

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 3:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Tobunga and the crew at the Tonga Hut for a most enjoyable PNG Art Show Saturday. Several iced drinks from the Hut helped keep us cool in the crazy Hollywood heat outside. Food and music were great too...thanks again !!!

P.S. Thanks to all the patrons of the arts who stopped by and took home some Hottiki artworks !

[ This Message was edited by: hottiki 2014-07-28 15:42 ]

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-07-28 4:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-28 15:18, bigtikidude wrote:
Who won the art contest?

Guess you didn't read GROG' post right above yours.

Quote:

On 2014-07-27 09:54, GROG wrote:
And congrats to Tiki Roots Rocker for winning the PNG art show with his awesome lamp.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-28 5:53 pm   Permalink

Grog,
I would have thought that would be important enough to be in it's own post,
At the early part if your paragraph, or a seperatly placed line.
In this short reply on FB world we live in.
Whole paragraphs are probably not read anymore.
(You might not have even made it to that one above.)

Anyways , congrats tiki roots rocker, that's who I voted for.
His art is awesome!!!

Jeff btd

HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 8:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice Tom "Hotiki" well done. I am honor to have your PNG to enter my Tiki Room.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation