[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Headhunter Shirt on eBay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
eBay: Headhunter Shirt on eBay
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 12:34 pm   Permalink

Holy moly, look at the $$$ on this one...very cool, but too rich for my blood...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2846079472&category=20296

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 12:44 pm   Permalink

Awsome shirt!!! Some hip clothing company should release a new affordable one. Brad, your in the vintage clothing business. Mabye this could be a cool Hale' Tiki collectors shirt!

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 12:46 pm   Permalink

I'd pay some hard earned $$$ for a repro!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 2:40 pm   Permalink

Gotta keep an eye on this one and see where it goes. Up to $2200.00 and counting

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 4:48 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap!
$2,324.99?!?!?!?
Am I missing something?
Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 4:54 pm   Permalink

It must be very rare and powerful! The holy grail of vintage headhunter wear. Any vintage clothing experts out there have a comment?

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 07:15 am   Permalink

...man, I got a ton of vintage clothes and books about em', but I've never seen this one before...I'll ask my friend Brian about it.....

Matt

Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 09:47 am   Permalink

I'm familiar with the Mr. Guy label but was unaware that anything with it was so valuable. I think we may be, once again, observing stupidity in action...

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jonboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-25 09:54 am   Permalink

There are not too many dot com IPOs these days, so that disposable income has to go somewhere

View Profile of jonboy Send a personal message to jonboy  Email jonboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 11:07 am   Permalink

If I spend that kind of money on something it better have moving parts or be too big for the indoors...think of the tiki carving you could get for $2300!!!!

Matt

limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 11:15 am   Permalink

That high bidder must be somehow associated with the Iron Chefs.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 12:26 pm   Permalink

Hey, do ya' ever wonder if some of these high-bidders, y'all know the usual suspects, are actually just running up their credit cards with wild abandon?
Kinda' like those people who were "addicted" to Beanie Babys and would just go into debt to get 'em...
Hmmmmm...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2003-07-25 1:17 pm   Permalink

Seriously,

Someone needs to reproduce that shirt. It's top-notch. It must be extremely rare. And it goes with so many cultures - Rock-a-billy, Hawaiian, Swing, Exotica, Tiki, Bowling. I bet it's going straight into a glass frame on a wall, though. The people at Shag-mart or Toes-on-the-Nose need to contact the buyer when this is all done.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 1:20 pm   Permalink

...this is the shirt that could create world peace and unite the masses!!! It surely must be reproduced...

Matt

Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 1:36 pm   Permalink

We need to get someone with the ability to manufacture hawaiian/bowling shirts involved with Tiki Central so we can have cool articles like this produced!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation