FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » My tiki bar.
My tiki bar.
mikehooker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-17 6:28 pm   Permalink

Hey, I just joined so wanted to go ahead and share my tiki bar with everyone. It was difficult with my phone to get a good pic without it being too dark, too bright or too blurry but hopefully you get the idea. Bottles are in the top pull down and mixers in the cabinet below. It suits my needs perfectly.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 6:31 pm   Permalink

well that's not really a Tiki bar, but it is a damn fine piece of Mid Century Goodness!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-17 6:40 pm   Permalink

True, it's not rattan or bamboo or typical of what is to be expected of a tiki bar but mid century and tiki go hand in hand in my book so it works for me Of course I can't get behind it to mix and serve up drinks but it's great for storage and display.

Here's a peak inside:

[ This Message was edited by: mikehooker 2014-07-17 18:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mikehooker 2014-07-17 18:43 ]

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-17 11:52 pm   Permalink

I agree...beautiful piece of MCM furniture...also nice collection of rum. Welcome to TC.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 12:29 am   Permalink

Mike,
Certainly not a traditional “tiki Bar But it’s yours and I sure like it.
Mahalo for sharing!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 07:39 am   Permalink

Beautiful piece of furniture, have fun with it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-19 10:48 pm   Permalink

I love the wall decor. And the rums ain't too shabby either. Aloha Mike!

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-20 4:13 pm   Permalink

Mikehooker, you say it's a tiki bar, in your mind it's a tiki bar, ipso facto it's a tiki bar. I've consulted the great God Ku and he says it's a tiki bar. End of story.

And might I say what a find piece of mid-century re-purposing that you've accomplished my man. I like the wall clock. Is that something you made?

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-20 5:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha Jim!

THIV, the clock is a piece we picked up a few years back at an estate sale. The sails are made of gravel. It's likely a Turner Wall Accessory although there is no marking. Just seems to fit with the color scheme and style of other Turner pieces from that era. Here's a better look at it:

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-20 9:32 pm   Permalink

It fits well with your tiki ensemble.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rapa Nui Ron

Posted: 2014-07-20 9:38 pm   Permalink

Nice! Like the Tiki-ware and the Rums don't look too shabby either! I'm partial to the Coruba.

View Profile of Rapa Nui Ron Send a personal message to Rapa Nui Ron  Email Rapa Nui Ron     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoamer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-21 5:55 pm   Permalink

This i lyke!

View Profile of seafoamer Send a personal message to seafoamer  Email seafoamer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation