[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Modular magnetic tiki drink menu
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Modular magnetic tiki drink menu
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-07 5:21 pm   Permalink

Well, the drink menu made it through one party safely! It seemed to work really well. I feel like my visitors had a much easier time making a drink choice (splitting the distracting spirits list out to a separate menu really helped, too).

I just made four new drink cards, and that went smoothly, too. The menu will be seeing a lot of action this month: four parties in three weeks! If I learn anything new from the upcoming parties, I'll let you know, but so far it seems like this design is a winner.

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-15 07:44 am   Permalink

How's the menu working out 18 months later? Seriously considering doing something similar for my home bar.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-15 9:29 pm   Permalink

It's been perfect! There's nothing I would do differently. It's easy enough to make new drink cards that I've kept up with it, I make new cards all the time, and now I have dozens of them. Super fast to set up for parties, easy for people to read and tell me what they want, and it has held up just great, the cards are sturdy and aren't showing any wear and tear.

Now my spirits list... that is a disaster. Keeping up with inventory is hard!

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-16 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-15 21:29, Humuhumu wrote:
It's been perfect! There's nothing I would do differently. It's easy enough to make new drink cards that I've kept up with it, I make new cards all the time, and now I have dozens of them. Super fast to set up for parties, easy for people to read and tell me what they want, and it has held up just great, the cards are sturdy and aren't showing any wear and tear.

Now my spirits list... that is a disaster. Keeping up with inventory is hard!

Excellent! I need to find someone who can carve up something for me then. We are going to use something like this for our specials.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Jeff Bannow, you need to contact Dave Hansen (aka, Lake Surfer on TC). He just carved a version of Humu's drink menu card holder and posted a pic on Facebook. It turned out mighty nice if you ask me.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-04 1:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-05-04 11:04, GatorRob wrote:
Jeff Bannow, you need to contact Dave Hansen (aka, Lake Surfer on TC). He just carved a version of Humu's drink menu card holder and posted a pic on Facebook. It turned out mighty nice if you ask me.

Good news - he made it for me.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-08-25 10:30 pm   Permalink

*BUMP*
I was thinking about this awesone idea today. Because I play home bartender SO infrequently, I don't remember ingredients and measurements. It would be cool to have the abbreviated drink recipes in large letters on the back of the modular drink cards so I could see them from behind the bar. Then I would look suave like I knew what i was doing without having to refer to a phone app or 3x5 cards

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-04 8:01 pm   Permalink

MDM - Fabulous idea!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation