FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Your ‘Craft’ Rye Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Your ‘Craft’ Rye Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 12:56 pm   Permalink

AdOrAdam, Makers Mark is made, owned & sold by Jim Beam distillery
as one of their craft whiskeys, just as is Knob Creek (one of my favorites)
make no mistake though, these are top shelf spirits.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-30 3:50 pm   Permalink

@ Atomic Punk Tiki: I did know that (somewhere in the back of my mind) I just forgot

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 4:24 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't call Maker's Mark "craft."

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jay4
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-30 6:37 pm   Permalink

in terms of the makers mark/jim beam argument.i dont think it matters anyway because they got bought out by a japanese company so they wouldnt be american anyway(not that i want to start an argument about it,ive always perfered Wild turkey anyway)

oh and makers mark has always seemed one of those lower quality alcohols that sells because of a gimmick(like the whole wax thing they got) or celebrity endorsement(like p diddy and ciroc)

[ This Message was edited by: Jay4 2014-07-30 18:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Jay4 2014-07-30 18:39 ]

View Profile of Jay4 Send a personal message to Jay4      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 7:34 pm   Permalink

Wild Turkey is owned by the Italians. Jim Beam and Four Roses are owned by the Japanese.

But really..... who cares?

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 7:40 pm   Permalink

Maker's Mark was always damn fine bourbon for those of us drankin' a drank at tailgates, and sneaking whiskey into football stadiums.

damn fine, and a cut above regular jimmy beam and wild turkey...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-30 7:41 pm   Permalink

I can't drink that Wild Turkey stuff. I do like Makers Mark though. I can drink that with an ice cube any day. I usually buy Bulleit when I do buy whiskey.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 7:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-30 19:34, djmont wrote:
Wild Turkey is owned by the Italians. Jim Beam and Four Roses are owned by the Japanese.

But really..... who cares?

The KKK?

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 7:44 pm   Permalink

As a wheated bourbon, Maker's Mark won't be to everyone's taste. It's mellower and sweeter than a high-rye whiskey like Four Roses or Bulleit -- or even a traditional mash bill like Wild Turkey or Elijah Craig. But it's damn fine whiskey; one of the best examples of distilling prowess.

(And as far as wheated bourbon goes, Weller and Van Winkle are both wheated, so it's not like it's a style of bourbon that's out of fashion.)

[ This Message was edited by: djmont 2014-07-30 19:45 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-30 8:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-30 18:37, Jay4 wrote:
in terms of the makers mark/jim beam argument.i dont think it matters anyway because they got bought out by a japanese company so they wouldnt be american anyway(not that i want to start an argument about it,ive always perfered Wild turkey anyway)

oh and makers mark has always seemed one of those lower quality alcohols that sells because of a gimmick(like the whole wax thing they got) or celebrity endorsement(like p diddy and ciroc)

Well I did post that a while back, (just who bought Jim Beam) but I am on board with the rest of you
Makers Mark is a fine "mid shelf" or mid range Bourbon, and much better then Jim Beam or other mass produced whiskies
like Wild Turkey.

It is not my favorite but mixes well in a fine cocktail, The funny thing is I prefer Knob Creek which is also made by Jim Beam distilleries.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation