Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's Stainless Steel Bar Shaker
Trader Vic's Stainless Steel Bar Shaker
mcmtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-02 11:42 am   Permalink

I just splurged big time on the Trader Vic's Stainless Steel Bar Shaker from their website ($79.99). I have to say I don't know what I was expecting but I feel ripped off -- this thing is very thin and the inside is rough (not finished). Haven't tried it with my Vic's Mai Tai glasses yet, where the fit was a selling point, but a word to the wise -- unless you're in the 1% this is an extravagance you can pass on.

Anybody using this thing that loves it? Or should I put it on ebay before using it?

View Profile of mcmtiki Send a personal message to mcmtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-02 11:57 am   Permalink

I would imagine it really is just a standard Boston shaker screen-printed with the logo (and given the more modern brushed finish). If your glass would fit in there, it probably already fits in the cheap ones too.

I'd say return it.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-02 2:51 pm   Permalink

what a rip off!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation