FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Witco Bar Stumbled Upon on eBay!
eBay: Witco Bar Stumbled Upon on eBay!
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 01:00 am   Permalink

I, personally, am not in the market for this item at the moment. I stumbled upon it accidentally and figured someone here might be interested. The starting price seems reasonable to me. The seller apparently doesn't know Witco from a hole in the ground.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2337152724&category=20690

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 01:26 am   Permalink

That is a reasonable price, but the Ebay dilemma is shipping, $250.00. Seems to have kind of an African theme.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 08:35 am   Permalink

I've been looking for one of those to begin the inevitable conversion of the John Boy Walton suite (the guest bed and bath attatched to the Paradise room) to tiki. The mug spillover has already filled up a shelf and a dresser in there.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 08:38 am   Permalink

Wow, it's in Birmingham, AL! Wonder if I know this person. I could just go on down and pick it right up!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 09:07 am   Permalink

Well, Kiliki! That solves the $250 Shipping Problem don't it? Ahhhhhhhhhh... The Joys of Living in the Beautiful South...
I can't get anything even remotely that large into this poor little house right now or I might would consider driving over to Knoxville myself.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-25 09:57 am   Permalink

The auction says the original owner here in birmingham paid 1K for it in a shop in the big easy in the early 80's - insane, no? In the early 80's this should have been worth $200 max, right?
Doesn't look like they know what it is, but they know it's worth a lot, what with that 2K buy it now.
I have never seen a witco bar in person... maybe I should email the buyer to see if I can go take a look.

_________
DEUS - the Philosophy Forum
http://deus.org

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 01:13 am   Permalink

I can't imagine that that would hurt! Unless, of course, it gave the seller more justification for hangin' on to it. I certainly doesn't seem as if he/she has a clue. The term TIKI BAR doesn't come up even ONCE in the description.
By the way... If you've never seen a Witco Bar in person you need to visit Graceland and head directly to the Jungle Room! Not just the Bar but the ENTIRE ROOM is Witco'd Out to the Max! It is Amazing!

kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 10:32 am   Permalink

oh that's right, i have been to graceland a couple of times...
I don't think i got very close to the stuff there. This specific bar is in the BOT... it looks so small, I'm just curious to inspect it, to pet it..

________
PYRACY PUB - for pirate re-enactors and enthusiasts
http://pyracy.com/forums

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation