[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Palm Beach Hawaiian Inn to be bulldozed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Palm Beach Hawaiian Inn to be bulldozed
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-10 1:02 pm   Permalink

I posted a progress report on The Atomic Grog, pretty much the same stuff that's already been reported here:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/11/09/the-week-in-tiki-oct-19-nov-1-2015-the-hukilau-and-wreck-bar-news-halloween-recaps-nyc-cocktail-champ-vintage-hotel-demolished-and-more/#pbhawaiian

Then I stopped by to check on the status. As reported in the Post article, it looks like the waterfront building has come down, but they're waiting to take down the original structure containing the rooms until late 2015, early 2016. I'll keep checking. Sad to see the iconic roof in such distress ...

And yes, the Tikis on the front of the building are long gone. I'm sure the old owner took them when he sold it in 2012.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | The Tiki Times

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-11-21 12:27 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-22 9:57 pm   Permalink

Just drove by there today, and it seems to be in the exact same state. Talk about prolonging the agony.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-28 4:18 pm   Permalink

Saw this image on Facebook:

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-25 4:10 pm   Permalink

This photo came across my facebook feed today:

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-26 6:13 pm   Permalink

Very sad ...

All that's left is a small pile of rubble.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | The Tiki Times

Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-21 11:10 pm   Permalink

Update: 17 months later and not a lot of progress. Hopefully some ghosts are haunting the property.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation