FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Zombie pumpkins 4 HaLLoWeEn!!Plus HallOweEn Decor.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Zombie pumpkins 4 HaLLoWeEn!!Plus HallOweEn Decor.
Cutcarefullyplayloud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-09 6:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-09 13:49, Bam Bam wrote:
Quote:

On 2018-10-08 21:39, Cutcarefullyplayloud wrote:
Oh my god you guys are such curmudgeons. I can’t believe you even let trick-or-treaters on your lawn.

Hey now, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I am of the firm opinion that it should revolve almost entirely around providing the best possible experience for the kids. If that makes me a curmudgeon, so be it.

Mine too! I appreciate this community a lot and moreso when folks give thoughtful responses when I have too much rum and get opinionated! Not to mention I feel like a curmurdgeon more with each passing day...

View Profile of Cutcarefullyplayloud Send a personal message to Cutcarefullyplayloud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-10 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Hey now, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I am of the firm opinion that it should revolve almost entirely around providing the best possible experience for the kids. If that makes me a curmudgeon, so be it.

This how I feel mostly.
It's fun for all who want to participate.

Thought back and my family always decorated for the holidays even the restaurants.
But then I remembered I was the one who decorated the outside of our house mostly.
And handed out candy.

For me Halloween is an American custom or tradition if you will.
Hate to see it fade away from as big a deal as it was.

Halloween is a opportunity to be creative decorate and make for a different day and maybe even something fun and special.

I try to go overboard so the twelve or so kids in our neighborhood will maybe someday also decorate and celebrate Halloween when they are older, and remember that nut that used to put all the blow molds and candy pails in his yard.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-13 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-10 15:54, tikiskip wrote:
I try to go overboard so the twelve or so kids in our neighborhood will maybe someday also decorate and celebrate Halloween when they are older, and remember that nut that used to put all the blow molds and candy pails in his yard.

Precisely. Someone has to shoulder the responsibility of building the spectacle that will inspire the next generation of haunters. My favorite moments are when some 5-year old notices that the bench full of pumpkins is "singing" to them and just stands there, slack-jawed while their parents try to nudge them along the sidewalk. To them, it's magic.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 20 days ago; 7:17 pm   Permalink

Here's our house...

The pumpkin's we carved and a Watermelo-lantern.

Even decorate the car.

Funny sign in Barnsville Ohio.

Our outfits, hope that no pumpkins are offended that I dressed like a pumpkin.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation