FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Jardin Tiki, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Jardin Tiki, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (restaurant)
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-09 12:56 am   Permalink

very cool Johnny. I've always wanted to visit this place. It's great that they still have the same plates, menus... it looks really old (even the food !!) but yeah, I wonder how it is at night (or in the daytime in winter !) with the lamps working.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-09 4:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics, JD.

Now maybe people will stop poo-poo (platter)-ing me when I expound on Jardin Tiki's virtues!

Ever since I first posted pics of the it (similar to Johnny's but fewer and smaller) to my old web site in 1997, I've been a cheerleader for this place.

I have always considered it a trans-continental cousin to the Tonga Room: amazing to behold, but tread carefully when considering their food and drink offerings.

Glad to see that it hasn't devolved too much since my visit there over a decade ago. Now I am itching to go back!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 06:16 am   Permalink

glad to share, everybody. i recommend everybody who can, to visit - there is even more to see that is not included in the posted photos. john t., we will let you know if we can make it back up that way in the near future. a night visit is in order.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 1:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the photos, Johnny$. Amazing place. I'm thinking of visiting Montreal in September (as well as Toronto and Ottawa). It's at the top of my To-Do list.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 4:49 pm   Permalink

Managed to stumble across this place last week. Didn't have my Tiki Road Trip book with me and didn't remember it in there. What a cool find! Very nice people, great environment. The kids loved seeing the turtles.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-21 09:35 am   Permalink

Le Jardin Tiki may be closed/demo'd (to become a home for the elderly):
http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/immobilier/201408/19/01-4792750-eddy-savoie-convoite-le-jardin-tiki.php

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-21 10:13 pm   Permalink

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation