FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts rvictor's tiki lab
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
rvictor's tiki lab
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-08 11:10 am   Permalink

Looks good Hang10.

And take yer time Vicman, It's Christmas and everything is pushed back.
If not done Xmas, will be a Birthday present.

I'm just excited to see em and show you the many uses for these things.

Get ready to make more of these!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-09 07:57 am   Permalink

Skip - Still going to do my best. Everyone needs deadlines to work against or else we can tend to be unproductive. There are a lot of other responsibilities that pull me away from art, but I need to make the time and these assignments keep me moving forward.

They should have been bisque fired (cone 04) last week. I will put them in for high firing (I think were going to cone 3) tonight. The first firing is to burn the organics out of the clay. The second one is to improve the strength and ability to resist stresses in the final ceramic product. It should help with durability and ability to withstand the weight of the contents of a planter.

[ This Message was edited by: RVICTOR 2015-12-09 07:59 ]

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-10 07:45 am   Permalink

Skip - The moai looked good after bisque firing. No cracking or spalling that I could see. Next step is high fire. I should get them back next Wednesday. About two weeks after that I will have the final fired pieces back (Dec. 30th) if all goes well.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-11 02:12 am   Permalink

AWESOME!
They look like Moai dogs.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-17 12:58 pm   Permalink

Skip - drats...they didn't get them fired but they will go in tomorrow. I am planning on glazing them on the 23rd and putting them in on the same day. Still on track for the 30th unless there is another hiccup.

Hang10 - sent you a PM about Vegas meet and greet on the 22nd. Maybe the Golden Tiki first? Looking forward to finally getting to meet you.

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-22 10:51 pm   Permalink

Hang10- thanks for a great evening full of aloha and good times. Great finally getting to meet you. Vegas tiki contingent really represented! Good times brother!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-23 07:23 am   Permalink

Cheers to you Bruddah
Great to meet u and da Wahine
Thanks for the Kool mug and pendants
You rock

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-31 5:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
First I want to give a Happy New Years shout out to the tiki tribe. It's been a fun year packed with a lot of firsts, like my first tiki convention (Tiki Kon) and my first official tiki mug (Taki Tiki, Edmonds, WA). But I think I will look most fondly on getting to know, and in some cases, getting to meet some of the tiki ohana from around the nation.

A few special shout outs...
Hang10-great getting to meet and spend time with you this Christmas. Had a great time.
TikiSkip - Thanks for being a killer trading partner. Look forward to more collaboration in the future.
Wendy - Thanks for all the guidance and collaboration. We should do it more often.
Henrick (aka Vantiki) - Thanks for the good times at Tiki Kon. I am hoping to make it down again this year, if only for fun.
Jason Alexander - It's been far too long since I made a trip down to T-town but we should be down in the next couple months I hope. I plan on coming bearing gifts. s
Rob@Shameful Tiki - Had a great time seeing the Shameful for the first time. It was great seeing Monica. Sorry I missed you but you were out doing the lords work getting a Shameful built in Toronto.
Paul, Niels and Barbara - Great meeting you all at Tiki Kon. Look forward to seeing you again this next year.
Brandon Powers - It was great getting to meet you at the Golden Tiki. You have a great thing going there. You should get Jason out there some time to guest bartend. I will send some shwag your way this year but it will probably take me 6 months to do it...yes, I'm just that slow.
Maui Rob - Thanks for hooking my friend Jared up in Maui. Got your trades ready, just let me know when your ready to go.
Notch - Thanks for taking on my King Ku request. Look forward to seeing your handiwork in my case.
Other Ohana - Thanks for the support and encouragement. I plan on keeping on this next year and learning more.

It's been a real fun and busy year and I have much to be thankful for.

Ok...now to the Kahiki Moai planter feet project results. Pretty happy in how they came out. They got a lot of comments from people that aren't even into tiki in my class. Skip, I think your instincts as an artist are right on!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-01 09:54 am   Permalink

Busy man
It was great to meet u 2
The Moai stands look awesome
Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-01 10:59 am   Permalink

These look great!
love to trade with tiki art type people.

"They got a lot of comments from people that aren't even into tiki in my class."
When people who are not tiki nutz say they really like one of my lights that's when I know it's a good one.
They even want to buy them without a tiki room to put them in, to me that's a bit odd.

Ok so I will send your light after the weekend, so Monday.
Will send email when I do ship it too.
Let me know if you need my address as well.

Can't wait to show you how many uses these things have.
So what would you charge for a set of these?

Great Job!!

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-02 5:10 pm   Permalink

Skip-Never thought about what I would charge for a set...it wasn't super easy to make them, so I doubt that it would be cost-effective. I would make more in trade though.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-06 12:12 pm   Permalink

Well they came.
And they are COOL! Very cool.

This will make for a great presentation for wifes birthday cake will take photos.
Dam now I got to make a cake.

Going to take better pics but look what these can do....
Not just for planter feet friends.

I do want more Vicman don't brake that mold!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-06 2:11 pm   Permalink

Good Job men. The Mai Kai Bowl is fine but I really want to see the cake. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-06 9:35 pm   Permalink

Skip-ok...I won't break the mold. I'll work on another set but take my sweet time.

Wendy-thanks. I wish I had more time. I have so many ideas and no time to do them.

Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-07 06:53 am   Permalink

Wow Rvictor! Great work! Just went through this thread and love the mugs!

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation