FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts rvictor's tiki lab

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
rvictor's tiki lab
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-11-20 2:59 pm   Permalink

I like them all, especially the Outrigger mug, very cool effect
"If anyone has suggestions about how I could have pulled this off better I would love to hear your advice."
If you were trying to mimic the logo effect, underglaze is probably your best bet. It doesn't spread at all so sharp lines and color separation stay that way. You can fire once with the underglaze and then coat with clear and fire again.

Besides the colors not moving, another benefit is that you can paint underglaze on greenware before it is bisque fired. The downside to that is you stand a greater chance of breaking fragile greenware the more you handle it. The disadvantage of underglaze is that they are opaque. They cover up textures and you don't get the cool color variations where the glaze breaks (thins) on the high spots and pools in the low spots

Good luck and keep at it.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation