FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Kahiki, Columbus, OH (restaurant )
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The Kahiki, Columbus, OH (restaurant )
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 5:37 pm   Permalink

Name:The Kahiki
Type:restaurant
Street:3583 East Broad Street
City:Columbus
State:OH
Zip:43213
Phone:(614) 237-5425

Description:
http://www.tikifish.com/kahiki.html

What can I say that hasn't been said? Click above for my Kahiki review... it was the first tiki bar I ever went to, so it kind of spoiled me for the rest...

I'm sure there are plenty more links concerning the Kahiki so please post them here!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-28 10:28 am   Permalink

Here's the company's web page about the restaurant (with small photo gallery):

http://www.kahiki.com/aloha.cfm

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-12 12:45 pm   Permalink

EDITED TO FIX URLS 27 AUG 2005

Here are some pictures I took of the Kahiki salvage operation:

Rescuing the giant moai fireplace:

The tiki fountain:

Saving the giant flaming moai sentinels:

Gutted interior:

View the full album here:

http://www.haxan.com/kahikisalvage/

[ This Message was edited by: TheMuggler 2005-08-26 21:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TheMuggler 2005-08-26 21:07 ]

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-12 7:56 pm   Permalink

Those are definitely some historically important photos, for those of us tiki geeks anyway! I recall them from the days of yahoo, right?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 10:43 am   Permalink

Hey could you please repost a link so I can check out the Kahiki salvage operation pics??
JAy

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 7:42 pm   Permalink

I had to take the pictures down, as I was housing them on Reemco and it seems the blogging community recently discovered Reemco so the traffic is going through the roof. I've already had to purchase an extra 7 GB of bandwidth.

Now if only I could figure out how to make a buck out of all that traffic!

I will re-post the Kahiki pictures as soon as I can.

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 1:40 pm   Permalink

A nice view of the Kahiki in it's heyday.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattk22

Posted: 2004-02-27 1:37 pm   Permalink

What is the salvage operation? I have been there twice, I loved that place, to bad it isn't open anymore!

View Profile of mattk22 Send a personal message to mattk22      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Renee

Posted: 2004-05-31 8:31 pm   Permalink

I grew up a few miles from the once grand Kahiki Supper Club. There is nothing to replace those childhood memories of driving by at night when the Tiki Gods in front were blazing with fire. Unfortunately, it appears that "business sense" outweighed nostalgia. I was able to take my daughter to the Kahiki only once, but she still talks about it. Four years and counting and still no ground broken on a new Kahiki like what was offered when the announcement came that the original was being sold to Walgreen's.

View Profile of Kahiki Renee Send a personal message to Kahiki Renee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bdler3
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 3:23 pm   Permalink

I am selling some kahiki artifacts for michael tsao (owner) He still wants to open a new restaurant.But he is having some storage issues plz watch on ebay if anyone has interest
thanks
bdler3

View Profile of bdler3 Send a personal message to bdler3  Email bdler3     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-09-23 3:45 pm   Permalink

Huhh? Storage issues?

A 15 inch tiki,
a plate,
and a napkin?

Did I miss some items? Or perhaps there are more substantially sized items yet to be listed?

Please disclose....

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bdler3
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 12:33 pm   Permalink

The Kahiki frozen food factory is in the process of moving into their new headquarters. This is the reason they are selling some of the artifacts. There will be more items and some big stuff but I don't know exactly what at this time.
barry

View Profile of bdler3 Send a personal message to bdler3  Email bdler3     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 03:35 am   Permalink

bdler3, in another thread ( http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11001&forum=5 ) you mention that the frozen food plant and offices display some of the restaurant's artifacts. Could you (or anyone else) post some pics?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki-Dude

Posted: 2005-05-09 06:58 am   Permalink

Heard an unconfirmed rumor from a friend that a large Polynesian restaurant is planned for the upscale Polaris area of the city (20 miles north of Columbus). Since I now live in Florida, I don't know if it was mentioned in any Ohio media, but if anyone has any info, please post it.

View Profile of Kahiki-Dude Send a personal message to Kahiki-Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 09:08 am   Permalink

<<"We saw the writing on the wall with Easton and Polaris drawing people away," Tsao said. "Everything has its life span."
Keeping the name alive.>>

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation