FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Aloha Texas Tiki !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Aloha Texas Tiki !!
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-24 06:41 am   Permalink

The colors in the pine are amazing. I'm working on a piece of pine now too and the colors in the wood are beautiful. I look forward to seeing it finished. Are you going to stain it?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-25 12:57 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Thanks for the progress shots.

[ This Message was edited by: seagoat 2016-03-25 12:59 ]

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-26 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-24 06:41, AlohaStation wrote:
The colors in the pine are amazing. I'm working on a piece of pine now too and the colors in the wood are beautiful. I look forward to seeing it finished. Are you going to stain it?

Most likely. I'm not sure what I'm going to use yet. I may try some shellac or some oils this time.

View Profile of AlohaTexasTikiCo Send a personal message to AlohaTexasTikiCo  Email AlohaTexasTikiCo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-26 8:03 pm   Permalink

Hey rioturban seagoat and Alohastation. Thanks for looking and chiming in!

View Profile of AlohaTexasTikiCo Send a personal message to AlohaTexasTikiCo  Email AlohaTexasTikiCo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-09 7:38 pm   Permalink

Well here is the finished product. Tried a few different finishings but wound up with a light coat of red oak topped with some amber shellac. Thanks BigT for your help and tips! As usual I still see lots of imperfections but overall I think it came out ok. The motorhead skull was what Mark at Howie's wanted. Personally I like it as I'm a fan.

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaTexasTikiCo 2016-04-09 19:40 ]

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-10 08:18 am   Permalink

Lemmy'd be proud of you mate, nice!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-10 10:14 am   Permalink

Nice tiki.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-11 09:25 am   Permalink

i think the stain came out just fine. nice work. did u add shellac coat?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-12 8:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks y'all!

Big T yes I wound up just letting it cure for a few days and I did some light sanding over the Marquesean cross to lighten the background of it a bit. Afterwards I dropped a new coat of Amber shellac which I think helped balance out the color...

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-12 8:52 pm   Permalink

Prepping up for a vend at Lei Low this Sunday...

www.clouseaux.com

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-18 1:45 pm   Permalink

Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-20 05:36 am   Permalink

That last one needs to spit out water.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-03 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-20 05:36, Will carve wrote:
That last one needs to spit out water.

Yeah Will whenever I get time I want to build a fountain. (So hard to find time for my own stuff)Hey man congrats on all of your success at hukilau this year and the amazing piece you did for the Mai Kai. Unreal!!

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-03 8:26 pm   Permalink

Latest Ku. 3 ft.

www.clouseaux.com

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-03 8:43 pm   Permalink

Here's a PNG inspired mask I did for a close friend of mine. This was a lot of fun. The eyes and tongue are removeable.

www.clouseaux.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation