FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Stoopid Tikis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Stoopid Tikis
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-24 9:01 pm   Permalink

First time posting in this forum. I have been in the tiki gallery forum and was told this may be a better place to post my stuff. Been carving 3 weeks and have 14 finished tikis. Having a ton of fun. Trying lots of differnt styles.

View Profile of Stoopid tiki Send a personal message to Stoopid tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-25 03:32 am   Permalink

Stoopid Tiki. Your carving skills look smart! I am happy to be the First to Welcome you to T C . WELCOME Glad your here . your in the right place! stay and keep comming back. LOL,

I started carving tikis in september 2014 about four months ago! this was my first tiki before Tiki Central
I did not know nothing I had some basic carving skills thats it did not know what types of palms to use paint poly tools i was clueless and members in TC guided me through the learning prosses

Stoopid Tiki How much are you selling your tikis for and where are you from..

Looking forward to carve up a friendship and have a Great Day!

http://youtu.be/ndt9_295HfY

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-26 9:33 pm   Permalink

Nice work thanks for taking the time for the warm welcome and incourage meant. After looking around site it's easy to be intimidated by the talent. I am very happy with my results so far but got a long way to go. My stoopid chainsaw broke today I was going to make my first full body tiki. ..... Hey on some of palm logs there was some splitting on the top. Is that normal? So far has not damaged the carvings on outside. Here are the first lines of last tiki before he broke.

View Profile of Stoopid tiki Send a personal message to Stoopid tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-26 9:35 pm   Permalink

This is the splitting I was talking about

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-26 10:07 pm   Permalink

Throw it away...It's only going to get worse.

That log was from the top of the tree and probably had a ratio of about 60% tree mass to 40% water. When that much water disappears from the log as it dries, it makes those cracks because there wasn't much log material to begin with, and without that water there anymore, no more log.

I only use the bottom 20 feet of trees anymore. Stronger, older part of the tree that only has maybe 10% water. I got tired of throwing away truckloads of logs that looked like yours.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-27 12:48 am   Permalink

How can I tell if I am
Getting top or bottom of tree before I lug it home? Thanks for the good tip too

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-27 01:42 am   Permalink

The top is usually the more aggressive one....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-27 04:32 am   Permalink

Stoopid Tiki. I continue running into the same issues, I am glad that your getting feed back from other members. because I am learning my self. Yes it can be some what intimidating but this is what TC is all about, making a effort to be as good as the artist you admire here, I have been getting alot of help incouragement from alot of old members, Will Carve Aloha Station Cy Big T. Texas tiki, Conga And I am grateful, But I have to say that my hero is Soul Surf Tiki user name pjc5150. He is my hero because he came into tiki central with no skills just a passion to carve, and as you look through his pictures you can see how he has progressed through the years, Thats why he is my hero because he Gave me HOPE! That I to can start with little carving skills and become the carver I wish to Be! Looking forward to see more of your stoopid Tikis Have a great day.

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-02 5:02 pm   Permalink

Just made this today. First time making a body.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-02 6:14 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC! I like your tikis.

Where are you located? I always hope when someone is new to TC that they're from my area....

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-02 7:05 pm   Permalink

Stoopid tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-03 1:33 pm   Permalink

New guy today!

Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-03 2:06 pm   Permalink

Stoopid,welcome aboard man! Glad to see another carver on here from the Phoenix area. Like what you're kickin out.

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic  Email Tiki Republic Goto the website of Tiki Republic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-03 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-02-27 01:42, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The top is usually the more aggressive one....

bahahaha! drumroll please!!!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-03 8:02 pm   Permalink

Good job ST! Your tikis are growing! Love this guy -

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation