FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Vic's, London United Kingdom, London, United Kingdom (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Trader Vic's, London United Kingdom, London, United Kingdom (restaurant)
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-16 11:56 am   Permalink

Have a business trip to London scheduled for late November, planning to hit up the TV. Any additional insight besides the excellent commentary above?

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uk_chris123
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 30 days ago; 02:14 am   Permalink

Hi, Hope you enjoy your visit to Trader Vics. I suggest going early evening to make sure you can walk around and take photo's etc.
On my last visit on a Saturday evening it was really empty up to about 10.30pm.
We keep going back as I really cannot see it surviving for much longer.
I tried to buy mugs etc from staff but as usual none for sale.
Also no swizzles with drinks.
Go to bar behind main area (in the restaurant) and see staff for swizzles etc. They are bored from not serving and more likely
to give you extras. I tried desperately to buy a mug from them and they would not budge but gave me, free of charge, a coffe mug. (I did tip them)
The only other thing I got was the Parrot swizzle which is marked Trader Vics. This was in one of the ordered drinks. See the menu for which one.
The female bar servers in the main bar area not really interested and seemed totally fed up when we were last there.

Whilst in London it is well worth visiting THE BRITISH MUSEUM. Many museums in London make sure you visit the correct one.
Free to enter and lots to see.

Look up online if you do not know the history of the Easter Island Moai in the museum.

View Profile of uk_chris123 Send a personal message to uk_chris123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 30 days ago; 05:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-06-19 02:14, uk_chris123 wrote:
The female bar servers in the main bar area not really interested and seemed totally fed up when we were last there.

We had the exact opposite experience in the bar last year (see my post a few posts above). The waitress was very happy to help with my requests and threw in all kinds of extra swizzles and paddles and such when I bought the London TV's glass.

Quote:

On 2018-06-19 02:14, uk_chris123 wrote:

Just to point out, these are totem poles from Pacific Northwest tribes (specifically from the Queen Charlotte Islands of Canada) and have nothing to do with tiki. They are gorgeous though.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 11:28 am   Permalink

Trader Vic's London circa 1963.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation