FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Home Tiki Bars Ľ Ľ Merry Christmas from Barefoot Bay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Merry Christmas from Barefoot Bay
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-07-31 6:50 pm   Permalink

Lori, my wife wants to see the North East for her 60th in a few years. Maybe I can sneak a rootball Tiki in my luggage

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-05 3:36 pm   Permalink

I bought a plastic pond at Lowe's but did a little reading and found they are not really made for above ground use. They are intended to be buried into the ground so that the dirt supports it. The website says you can use them above ground if you support them halfway up by shoveling dirt around it. That wasn't going to work here so I went for plan B. I stacked bags of sand around it with some big chunks of styrofoam (strong and waterproof) then tightened a strap aound the whole mess. I filled it with water and it doesn't seem to be bulging anywhere.

Stacked some blocks around to see how it's going to look. Lots of work to do still

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-08-05 9:07 pm   Permalink

That looks great, Mike. I wish I had more space for an indoor water feature!

Cheers,

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

It's actually outdoors Jeff. Its a covered patio that I enclosed on one end

tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-08-06 08:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-08-05 21:28, MadDogMike wrote:
It's actually outdoors Jeff. Its a covered patio that I enclosed on one end

I saw that in your earlier posts. Its coming along nicely...that window cutout is a great idea. My space is an enclosed screen porch, sorta indoors although subject to the outdoor temps. I'd love to have something with running water in there...just no room for it. One day, I'll finally finish my inside work and then I can start planning for exterior decor and landscaping and such...THEN I'll get my water feature!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-06 08:37 am   Permalink

Very clever!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-06 1:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha Mike-
Lookin good
Lots of work going on over there
Keep those pics coming
Donít forget to pause for an occasional cocktail

Cheers Bruddah

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-06 2:07 pm   Permalink

Mike, love what you are doing so far, can't wait to see more.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-07 5:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I got the backside of the window cut out so I can see the waterfall on the other side of the wall. Not really! I had that waterfall printed on a vinyl banner and stuck it to the inside of the faux window. At $15 for the banner, I can easily replace it with a palm smitten sunset or moonlit Diamond Head if I want to change the mood.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-20 10:03 am   Permalink

Tiki Erection Fail. I placed the base of the Tiki against the bottom of the post and tried to lift it with the come-along. Moving on to Plan B

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-21 4:43 pm   Permalink

If your Tiki erection fail should last for more than four hours, please call your doctor immediately.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-21 9:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Mike, Barefoot Bay is coming around. Canít wait for an invite.
Btw, sent you an Rx for your erection failure.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-21 10:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-08-21 16:43, MrBaliHai wrote:
If your Tiki erection fail should last for more than four hours, please call your doctor immediately.

Thanks for the great advice David. I'm about 4 hours from you but if you are ever traveling the I8 east, let me know. I'd love to have you stop by for a drink or even dinner
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-07 7:52 pm   Permalink

Alrighty then! I tried a come-along tied to my patio header to get that beast Tiki up. That didn't work so I got a one-ton hoist on a 10 foot gantry, that didn't work either. I tried a 4 foot lever and an 8 foot lever. In the end I was able to lift it with a tool 6.14 inches long - a $100 bill. I paid a guy to lift it with a backhoe

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-07 11:17 pm   Permalink

Outstanding Mike! A hundred dollar bill? Dats a lever of sorts.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation