FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Barefoot Bay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Barefoot Bay
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-10 6:45 pm   Permalink

Looks good Mike
Now can u move it 3 inches to the right please

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-10 7:13 pm   Permalink

Great looking tiki, love your decor.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-16 2:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement guys It's getting closer to what I want. Got the pond about done, some art hung on the wall, the Beast Tiki stood up and lighted, another big section of the floor stained.

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-17 08:30 am   Permalink

That big guy looks magnificent in situ.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-17 09:56 am   Permalink

Thanks BamBam, nearly KILLED me getting it up there

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-18 08:23 am   Permalink

Looks really good Mike.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-18 09:13 am   Permalink

Thanks Hilda. Here's a few more shots

Nighttime

Still have plenty of room to grow

I really like the looks of the acid etch/stain for the concrete. It's a little work but well worth it.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-20 9:48 pm   Permalink

I tried an experiment and I like it. I intentionally left gaps between the bricks surrounding the pond so that I could put red LED rope lights behind them

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-20 11:11 pm   Permalink

Shaping up well Mike-very nice.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-07 6:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks you David. Since I upgraded my water feature to a bigger and better one, my old one was sitting unused. I cut a 2 circles out of blue foam insulation, put them in the tubs and covered them with a thin layer of aquarium gravel. The fish and lily pad are ceramic, will add a few more later

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-07 9:29 pm   Permalink

That fake water feature is too funny, Mike. Put everything to good use! I'm looking forward to seeing how your build-out goes. Looks like your covered patio is similar to my setup, so I'll be wanting to steal all your good ideas!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-08 09:16 am   Permalink

Thanks Jayme, steal away - that's why we are here It doesn't show well in this pic but I think the "water spout" is funny too. Originally water spilled from the upper pond to the lower pond though the "bamboo" tube (which needs to be re-painted). I took a coil of Sculpty clay and rolled it in the aquarium gravel, shaped it to be the spout of "water" and oven baked it

Working on some jade tiles, posted them on my thread in "Other Crafts"

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-08 4:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the updates Mike, really enjoying watching your place coming together.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:04 am   Permalink

I had a bathroom window that faced out onto the patio that I wanted to cover. Jade tiles seemed the perfect solution but they are expensive and the standard 12x12 inch tiles are too big. So I made ten 8x8 inch ceramic tiles, wired & tied them together, and wired them in place

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 12:00 pm   Permalink

Looks perfect, great job Mike, Love your backyard tiki area.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation