FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Locating Tiki Ľ Ľ Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach, CA (restaurant)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 12:16 pm   Permalink

Big Bro,

Thanks for posting those old photos, nice PNG mask.

I stopped by the Royal Hawaiian for diner on may way down south Friday night.

The signature Lapu Lapuís were very good and the food was also good. I tried the famous rib combo plate.

They still have the Royal Hawaiian mug so I picked one up.

While it is certainly only a shell of its former self, it was still a fun visit and there is still some nice Tiki stuff floating around.

Including a few of those cool album frames in the menís room.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 09:06 am   Permalink

News flash, Spring Break, 1965. Royal Hawaiian Tiki stolen!

Also a 1970's era matchbook from the Royal Hawaiian advertising the BBQ Ribs and Fried Shrimp.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-04-22 12:22 pm   Permalink

Very sad news from The Royal Hawaiian's Facebook page.

"It's with heavy hearts that we announce the closing of a Laguna Beach icon. After 65 years of business we served our last lapu lapu last night. We can't express how much gratitude we have for all of our guests, regulars and staff who have supported us."

I know it wasn't what it once was or close to what it once was but I still liked it and was happy it was still around.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 09:28 am   Permalink

CLOSED.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42756&forum=1&13

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-08 12:50 pm   Permalink

I was digging around some older photos and ran across a couple from our visit to The Royal Hawaiian on a rainy night in February 2005. Sadly, I didn't take that many because I was naive enough at the time to think there would always be more time to take pictures on another visit.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:26 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-10 7:48 pm   Permalink

Anyone know what's going on with it?

Drove by a week or so ago, still closed, with no lease sign.

Hmmmm....

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-23 08:00 am   Permalink

I drove by last night and I was happy to see that the tikis are still out front. No 'for lease' sign though.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-22 10:08 am   Permalink

Noticed today that both the tall tikis are gone. Still no signage as to what might be happening here. I few months ago they pulled out a bunch of plants from out front and I noticed there was exterior damage to the wall from them so maybe they are working on fixing those issues. I drive by here everyday going to and from work so I'll keep my eye out.

View Profile of MaiTaiMe Send a personal message to MaiTaiMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-21 10:44 am   Permalink

Just drove by this a.m. and there is a For Lease sign up on the front of the building.
Who's gonna make it good again???!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-21 2:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-21 10:44, RevBambooBen wrote:
Just drove by this a.m. and there is a For Lease sign up on the front of the building.
Who's gonna make it good again???!!!

YOU are Ben! Whoop Whoop! We're 100% behind you!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Axle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-08 5:45 pm   Permalink

I realize that i'm late to this thread, but I'm a virgin T.C. member. For 20 years, friends, family, and I dined at the Royal Hawaiian in Laguna. It was my favorite place to eat ribs , shrimp, and get drunk on Lapu Lapu's . The place was so original and untouched from 1947 , until yuppie buyers/investors got their hands on it. The decision to create a "Sports Bar" atmosphere and remove so much of the decor was ridiculous , and I was saddened to hear of its abrupt closing . Perhaps the Tiki Gods punished the last owners for tampering. RIP Royal Hawaiian !

View Profile of Axle Send a personal message to Axle  Goto the website of Axle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Axle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-08 5:46 pm   Permalink

P.S. Its too bad that the R.H. couldn't of been a landmark .

View Profile of Axle Send a personal message to Axle  Goto the website of Axle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation