FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach, CA (restaurant)
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-27 11:01 pm   Permalink

Heard that they were going to open Monday night. I wanted to watch the Debates so I did not drive out to Laguna.
I called em this morning hoping to have lunch there. Rude lady told me that yesterday was a soft opening and that they would not open until 5 today. Sharp contrast to the friendly barkeep I talked to a few weeks ago. I probably wont make the effort to visit them unless Im in the area.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palika

Posted: 2016-09-28 07:37 am   Permalink

It was wonderful being part of the celebration of the Royal Hawaiian's grand opening in Laguna Beach this past Monday evening. Host Mo Honarkar and his beautiful daughter Hasty have so much aloha to share. The place is gorgeous !!

My hula dancer Marru and I had two Lapu Lapus each. I did not know what they were and I usually do not drink during a gig. However, it tasted very good so I had another. I don't know if I sang the 'Hawaiian War Chant' or 'Hawaiian Wedding Song' for the couple that said it was their anniversary that night. What a buzz!

The decor is Tiki To Da Max !! Owner Mo Hornarkar's daughter Hasty did the renovations. The inside seemed more spacious than I recall, and the staff were all very gracious.

Bill Tapia and I performed at the Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach when he was 100 years young.

Hasty Honarkar, Sumo Sato, Mo Honarkar, Marru, and Palika. The Honarkars are the owners.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - inserted image - 2016-09-28 10:52 ]

View Profile of Palika Send a personal message to Palika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-14 5:49 pm   Permalink

I was contacted by Hasty Honarkar recently to help out a little at the Royal Hawaiian.

First order of biz is to get rid of all the paint!

aka No White Walls!

A trip to Oceanic Arts for the beginning......

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-14 9:34 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben on the job is a good sign!

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-16 6:14 pm   Permalink

Here's the start of the " No White Walls " project at the Royal Hawaiian.

Remember it's OPEN NOW so go check it out!

You don't have to here me say, "Open Soon "

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-23 3:07 pm   Permalink

Definitely an improvement, Ben.
Been a few weeks since I was there. I'm overdue for a return trip.

Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-23 4:02 pm   Permalink

Good news indeed! Now they just need to put those dioramas back

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-23 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-11-23 16:02, bigbrotiki wrote:
Good news indeed! Now they just need to put those dioramas back

They have 2.
1 old and 1 new.

Bamboo Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-23 4:35 pm   Permalink

Here's a section of the bar I did this week.

This area was OFF white paint.

NO WHITE WALLS!!!

Before and after pics are on my Facebook page.

Video too.

Bamboo Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-07 6:38 pm   Permalink

I'm on vacation from the KC Tiki Cat install and have a truck load of materials for The Royal Hawaiian
Dining Room Ceiling!!! Keep an eye out the next few daze for pics!
No Rest For The Wicked!!
Tiki Tiki!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Kona Club, Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson,
Don the Beachcomber, Tiki No, Tong Lei Room, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Longi

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2017-03-07 20:11 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-11 07:58 am   Permalink

Here's a before and half way done shots of the Long Hut aka Dine Room.

More soon!

Bamboo Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-15 7:08 pm   Permalink

Here's the end shot of the new Bamboo Ben Long Hut ceiling at the Royal Hawaiian.

More soon.....

Bamboo Ben

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-17 9:59 pm   Permalink

Dang! What a difference. Nice work, as always Ben!
I was there twice shortly after it opened and remember thinking there were a few walls and the ceiling that felt a little too "sterile", but it appears the owners are seeing fit to create a more exotic atmosphere after all.

Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-26 07:36 am   Permalink

99% of all the white walls at the Royal Hawaiian are gone!!!

Go check it out!!!

LAPU LAPU !!!

Bamboo Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-26 07:41 am   Permalink

99% of all the white walls at the Royal Hawaiian are gone!!!

Go check it out!!!

LAPU LAPU !!!

Bamboo Ben

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation