FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Sam's Seafood, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Sam's Seafood, Sunset Beach, CA (restaurant)
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-30 12:44 am   Permalink

Name: Sam's Seafood
Type: restaurant
Street: 16278 Pacific Coast Hwy
City: Sunset Beach
State: CA
Zip: 92649
Phone: 562-592-1321

Description:
Sam's is arguably the premiere polynesian restaurant in southern California and the 'official home bar' of southern California Tiki Centralites. The restaurant has been in the Sunset Beach location since 1960 and the decor reflects that. The place was decorated during the height of the tiki craze so it reflects the perfect tiki bar. They even named a drink after Tiki Central.

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-07-06 11:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-07-06 11:26 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-30 07:29 am   Permalink

There's a tiki bar in sunset Beach???

View Profile of Boob Send a personal message to Boob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 6:42 pm   Permalink

What does arguably mean?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 3:35 pm   Permalink

It means I'll argue with you about it until I convince you that I'm right.

...and yes, there is a tiki bar in Sunset Beach. Just ask TWT. He knows.

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-08-03 15:45 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 9:53 pm   Permalink

Well........I probably won't argue that.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 8:30 pm   Permalink

Thats "sams seafood,property of the mighty two wheeler" if you dont mind.I found it, I claim it!.I'll thrash anyone that dares say otherwise.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 12:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-04 20:30, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
Thats "sams seafood,property of the mighty two wheeler" if you dont mind.I found it, I claim it!.I'll thrash anyone that dares say otherwise.

Well TW, your just too late . I was conceived there.
I had some born to wild, beach party parents.
I even have a drink named after me there, "Lumi 'au'au, shack pepe" (hawaiian, meaning - "bathroom shack(stall) baby".

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-05 12:50 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 8:54 pm   Permalink

unga, I love ya ....but your kind of like the indian, and I am like the spanish when it comes to sams!

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

Columbus, is that you?
Sorry, couldn't resist....lots o rain in NY.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 9:32 pm   Permalink

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 9:35 pm   Permalink

That was from me..., Mrs B.....6 days of rain-o-rama...and no clue what up with gettin into dis chatter box....whateva!

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-02 6:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2003-07-30 00:44, Luckydesigns wrote:

The restaurant has been in the Sunset Beach location since 1960 and the decor reflects that. The place was decorated during the height of the tiki craze so it reflects the perfect tiki bar.

Through Sam's A-frame, tiki abounds. One is instantly transported to the islands based on the palapa raffia tiki hut ceilings, the painted tikis, the abundant faux tropical foiliage,the lava rock style interior and the 1950s travel posters. The best part of Sam's probably is the tiki bar.

I can see why anyone into tiki might want to have their wedding there.

The $36 Polynesian show at in "the Hidden Valley room" is a great show, with both Tahitian, Hawaiian and Maori hula, by both wahinees and kanes accompanied by live drums.

I hape Sam's stays around. The real estate is very, very valuable and Sam's is very much in a time warp, albeit lovable, - the light blue naugahide booths, the prominent placement of the newspaper article refering to "Japs," and an overall diner feel of the main room.

Nevertheless, it might be time for some capital investment and some sprucing up.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 01:36 am   Permalink

I'll be getting married at Sam's in November. I love that place. I can't wait to introduce the world of TIKI to all of my unsuspecting friends and family. We will be having the wedding and reception in the Hidden Village. Too cool huh?
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 9:52 pm   Permalink

congrats, and sams was on our cali tiki tour last year, great place, so much to wander around and see there........

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodaphile

Posted: 2004-11-19 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-03 01:36, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I'll be getting married at Sam's in November. I love that place. I can't wait to introduce the world of TIKI to all of my unsuspecting friends and family. We will be having the wedding and reception in the Hidden Village. Too cool huh?
Later,
Spermy

Good luck on the wedding! We had our wedding reception there over 20 years ago and it was fantastic! We are hoping Sam's will be there in a couple of years so that we can have a 25th anniversary party there.

View Profile of hodaphile Send a personal message to hodaphile  Goto the website of hodaphile     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation