Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Taboo Cove - Recommended drink
Taboo Cove - Recommended drink
Tiki Baron
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-30 11:06 am   Permalink

I'm heading over to Vegas this weekend and intend on making my first visit to Taboo Cove. Anybody on the board have a recommended drink from "The Cove"??

TB

View Profile of Tiki Baron Send a personal message to Tiki Baron      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-30 12:25 pm   Permalink

beer

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 03:12 am   Permalink

LOL, are the drinks that bad?

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2003-07-31 12:00 pm   Permalink

Vile and expensive.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2003-07-31 3:04 pm   Permalink

Sorry Tiki Baron for the curt replies but Taboo Cove has been discussed a lot here in the past (more than it deserves to be discussed) and I realize you may not have known that. If you have a couple of hours to kill read these old threads (oldest one first) for the lowdown.

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=168&forum=1
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=487&forum=1
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=511&forum=1
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=804&forum=1
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=997&forum=1
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1505&forum=1

Tiki Baron
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-31 5:15 pm   Permalink

YIKES!!! Well then...Actually I thought the Aladdin (when they got around to it) served a pretty good Mai Tai. Soooooo I guess I'll hit Cheeseburger in Paradise (near the Aladdin) and just go from there. I do appreciate the *buyer beware comments and seeing how several of the LA Tiki Bars have been equally loved by many on this board I will trust that missing the Taboo Cove at this point will be no large mistake.

TB

View Profile of Tiki Baron Send a personal message to Tiki Baron      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2003-07-31 6:02 pm   Permalink

TB- There are tons of tips for cool things to see in Las Vegas in the forums (bars, restaurants, tikis, etc.). Try a search on "Vegas" in subject.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 4:19 pm   Permalink

I would suggest checking out Taboo Cove for yourself and gathering your own opinion from it.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 4:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-01 16:19, KAHAKA wrote:
I would suggest checking out Taboo Cove for yourself and gathering your own opinion from it.

Yes! You should go see it, just to see it. Also, being Vegas, who knows how long it will be around for.

And Cheeseburger in Paradise, DON"T get the burgers. Al and Shelly said the burgers were bad, and I'm all, "they can't be that bad." Boy, was I sorry.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Monitors
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:07 am   Permalink

I don't know if it's a real tiki drink, but my buddy and I asked the bartender something that will get our friends drunk and he gave us something called, "Grave Digger" Well, the friends didn't get drunk, but he and I did.

View Profile of The Monitors Send a personal message to The Monitors  Email The Monitors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 4:18 pm   Permalink

The drinks aren't that bad there. I thought that the Zombie was pretty good. Just be sure you get there early in the evening when the music is'nt the dance party bull sh*t. Also make sure it's one of the two girls that work there to make your drink for you. Maybe the Jab got a drink from one of the "Cocktail" bottle jugglers. Those guys are so retarded.

I've always had a good time when I've been there. Go with an open mind.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 5:55 pm   Permalink

Yo Red Baron,

I'm sure it is way too late for this, but when I was there, they had something called the Reel Martini made with Vodka and Guava. They crusted the rim of the Martini Glass with toasted coconut. Very tasty! I know many of the peeps here hate that bar but the one time I was there, me and mine had a great time. In my not-so-humble opinion, anyting bar with Bosko in it can't be all that baaaaaaaad!

So drink up, DAMN YOU!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation