FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Finally starting my tiki bar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Finally starting my tiki bar.
Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-06 7:19 pm   Permalink

Added color changing lights under the bar

View Profile of Egar Send a personal message to Egar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaKaiBaby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-07 10:36 am   Permalink

Hey, Egar. Thanks for posting this. We're also just beginning, and our raw space looks very similar to yours, right down to the stone floor.
A couple of questions: did you attach your matting to plywood or Masonite first or just glue/staple directly into the wall? We're going back and forth on the pros and cons of each. And can you share what kind of lighting you used to get the backlit effect? Thanks! Tara

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-10 3:34 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Egar Send a personal message to Egar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-10 3:37 pm   Permalink

I just started stapling it onto the walls. The siding is wood so it was no big deal. The lighting is just LED tape lighting I bought on EBay for under 12 bucks. I hot glued it for extra security.

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-10 3:41 pm   Permalink

Began carving boards that will wrap the ugly post.

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-13 5:59 pm   Permalink

KonaKaiBaby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-13 6:26 pm   Permalink

Coming along beautifully! Very inspiring, as we're just about to launch into our project. Keep the pics coming!

Come on down to the Hokulani Lounge!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hokulani-Lounge/1110336148981097

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-03 4:01 pm   Permalink

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-03 4:05 pm   Permalink

Made my first tapa lamp. Not quite finished.

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-03 4:07 pm   Permalink

Kalakala

Posted: 2015-07-03 5:45 pm   Permalink

Great start, Egar!

I hate to be picky, but is there any way to turn those images upright before uploading them? Sure would make them easier to appreciate!

Quote:
On 2015-06-05 10:24, RevBambooBen wrote:
Not trying to be a downer but I've seen a lot of people recycling pallets for "green" type of building lately.
How does one not know that there was any Toxic materials leaked and shipped on the pallet? Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

One can always go to
1001pallets.com to check out how the pallet might have been used!

View Profile of Kalakala Send a personal message to Kalakala  Goto the website of Kalakala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-05 07:09 am   Permalink

It's my stupid iPad. I will turn the iPad and try that. As far as hazardous pallets, I could give a rat's behind. I've ingested too many toins to count restoring old motorcycles and vintage campers.

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-29 5:07 pm   Permalink

I have been working constantly for weeks, learning to carve tikis and learning to work with fiberglass I will try to post picture that are noqt upside down.

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-29 5:11 pm   Permalink

I made both of these from curbside junk and wood scraps. I made the tiki plaques from scraps

Egar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-29 5:33 pm   Permalink

My first tiki carving.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation